CMMOS - CMBO Problem

Hello, thanks in advance for the assistance.

I have the special edition CMBO CD, installed, works fine. Installed CMMOS, no problem. Read readme carefully. Next I installed all 4 major rulesets (Allied, German, Terrain, Misc), still no problems.

But, now I understand that the next step is to install the mods. The instructions are to download then to a temporary drive and use the add mod tool in the configur screen. When I choose my mod nothing happens. I tried this with many different mods, same result.

help please!,

thanks

Friendly Fire

On CMMOS....how can I say this....can you wait about a month?

I have redone the entire CMMOS system for CMBO. Everything is revamped and updated. It will be easier to install and work with. Also take up less room on your HDD.

New mods as well..some you have never seen before.

Oh, it will be hosted at CM Mod Database.

MikeT

Are you extracting the downloaded MODS to your BMP directory? This needs to be done, you dont extract them to a temporary one. Thats what I done at first, hope this helps and its great being to chop and change MODS.

I do hope Big Time Software intergrate your CMMOS idea into future releases MikeT, you seemed to have put in a lot of effort and hopefully you will be rewarded!

Horncastle, I really doubt that BFC will every make standard a CMMOS type program in CM. It would be great though.

I do this for fun. I am a terrible player but do enjoy the few games I get, which are few and far between these days. I am nearly finished with the CMMOS/CMBO revamp. The Pacific theater mod is on the drawing boards right now. Everything else, and I mean EVERYTHING, is done.

MikeT

Thanks for the response guys. I will just wait a month. Everything seems to work find with CMMOS and CMBB so I can play around with that.

The reason I was particularly interested in modding CMBO was to try out some D-Day beach landing scenarios.

CMMOS is really great, and I appeciate all the effort that went into it! But it could be much more, if integrated into the product. Imagine:

The CM engine includes a mod mapping tool. This takes info from the scenario, as specified by the designer (details about units involved, the location, season, the weather) The mod mapper translates these and provides the engine with the correct models. The mod mapper has a GUI allowing the user to tweak the rules driving the relationship between scenario attributes map & the models.

So, you play a summer scenario, voila, troops in summer uniforms. Play in the winter, viola, everyone in white... Cool!

Friendly Fire.

Just wait till you see the new options that the revamped CMMOS4 mods will give you. There is even a Star Wars uniform mod which includes the blaster sounds from the movie!

But on a more serious note will be every vehicle, uniform, and terrain mod I could find. Some mods vanished from the net just days after I downloaded them for use!

There are more changes and possbilities than I can type in but you will be blown away with it all.

You biggest problem, where to start.

MikeT

for sure I applaud the effort MikeT

But I'm not sure this addresses my issue with the way mods are handled in general. It is really a very manual process!

I want to just pick a scenario, and BAM, appropriate mods are selected! And, as scenario designer, why can't I control what the church in my town is going to look like? Why is it up to the user?

perhaps this deserves a new thread, we are off the original topic...

Friendly Fire

Oh, sorry. To be honest if I remember bit you unzip all the CMMOS mods into the bmp or wav folders. CMMOS selects them from there.

TO be honest this system is a bit cumbersome, at least for me. You loose some room since the mods are unzipped, compare this to CMMOS4 where they stay zipped and are unzipped then installed when selected.

I also learned that some CMMOS mods will not work. There are no rules for them, a real problem I had since I had to create several from scratch.

Hope this helps a bit.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

GreenAsJade has just released a beta version of a new mod manager that will work with BO BB and AK and it doesnt need rulesets or compliant mods.

That means it will work with ALL the graphic mods on cmmods.com ..... AND it can also handle CMMOS compliant mods....

Its also VERY easy to install and use.... available from cmmods.com....

check out his posting here ..... McMMM

Its worth a look !

Lou2000

Originally posted by Friendly Fire:

for sure I applaud the effort MikeT

I want to just pick a scenario, and BAM, appropriate mods are selected! And, as scenario designer, why can't I control what the church in my town is going to look like? Why is it up to the user?

perhaps this deserves a new thread, we are off the original topic...

Friendly Fire

I have opened a thread in Scenario Talk on this very topic.

Please add your thoughts there - I'd love to discuss, and do something good with this if I can.

GaJ.

• 9 months later...