Strange graphical anomalies

GSX

I have an intermittent problem with cmak gaphics. Quite often when I load up a scenario or pbem file some of the graphics (BMP) are missing. Sometimes one infantry man in 3 has a white face, or a white arm or leg, other times a hedge will be white, or gray. Nex time, everything is normal. this never happens with armour and houses etc but only hedges and infantry. It mostle affects german inf but has affected the other nations too. Its livable but weird as it doe not happen with either BO or BB.

GS

Do you have any graphics 'mods' installed, especially infantry uniforms ? Do you have anything running in the background while you load up CM ? You may want to close up as many programs and utilties before launching CM. You may also want to experiment to see if running a particular program before starting CM seems to be the cause of this problem or not (this may be true of graphics editing programs).

What videocard, driver version and OS are you running ? What features do you have enabled (anti-aliasing, anisotropic filtering, etc.) ? What resolution and color depth are you running at and have you attempted to delete your Prefs file and select another resolution ?

Thanks for the advice i will experiment.

I usually have just cmbb and ak loaded at the same time, my NVidia drivers have always been up to date, i will investigate the aliasing etc too. i am also fully modded. This only happens with Ak not ever with BB or even BO and both those are heavily modded too. The bmps obviously dont load fully. Im not a techno geek, was curious to find if anyone else had the same prob.

Which program do you load first CMBB/CMBO or CMAK ? Does changing the order of the loading possibly affect which program may have the 'missing bitmap' problem (though you haven't seen it with CMBB or CMBO).

Generally I wouldn't recommend loading up two CM titles at the same time, but apparently people do this. Loading up more than one instance of CM may be the root cause of your problem.

Originally posted by GSX:

was curious to find if anyone else had the same prob.

I had the same problem as you got(only with AK), but since I've installed 1.02 patch all graphical anomalies have disappeared, that why I ask you if you have installed the last patch. I think you must update the game with all patch.

Cheers Pat