Looks like DVG will have to revise their ship cards already!

Actually the system makes a lot of sense for the card game, as otherwise you'd have to have a TON of different cards for all the various guns available in real life. Think of gun "classes" (aka heavy, light, medium) rather than actual diameters. Havind said that, however, it looks like we will indeed change this for the computer version and make better use of the computer's flexibility to adapt to stuff like this, and display the actual and correct values. We'll see. While the game is and will remain a port of the card game (i.e. it will be a "strategy game", not a "simulation"), it won't be 1-to-1. Doing that would be missing a great chance for improving things. For one, it'll be 3D smile.gif But that's all I'll say for now...

Martin

Originally posted by Moon:

(snip) Think of gun "classes" (aka heavy, light, medium) rather than actual diameters. Havind said that, however, it looks like we will indeed change this for the computer version and make better use of the computer's flexibility to adapt to stuff like this, and display the actual and correct values. (snip)

Moon, this is good news. I hoped making the switch to computer graphics would allow Dan to correct the values for each ship. For a game at this level of abstraction, the effect of heavy gun hits is pretty equal, whether by 14", 15", 16", or 18" shells. Both of these new games look like they will be a lot of fun to play. :D

• 3 weeks later...