Survey: Which country should be next?

bartbert

France- Italian planes are boring - French ones are at least weird!! :D

amiot143-s.jpg

ami351.jpg

leo451.jpg

305px-Farman_F.222.jpeg

but joking aside, the French airforce was made up mostly of modern aircraft, with excellent performance (especially the bombers which were faster and higher flying than their German counterparts) hampered by internecine politicing which fortunately is not reflected in DiF!

French aircraft production reached over 600/month in 1940, plus deliveries from America, but they didn't have enough crews to man them all!

[ February 28, 2007, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: Stalin's Organist ]

Mike,

The only reasons not to include the French above Italia is simple, Italy was in the war for more than 10 seconds, the Axis needs a new country, and Italia had some pretty decent planes.

The French did have a plethora of planes though. But nothing as sweet as the MC 205. I think we will have to add a new skill that takes away performance from it over medium-high altitude though

I'm sure you speak for yourself Six, but your ignorance of everything except sheep mating habits shows again!! smile.gif

French a/c were in action in Syria and Madagascar long after the fall of France - Madagascar being fully conquered only by November 1942, and MS-406's fought for the Finns

Vichy AF operations in Indo-China

Vichy air operations in defence of syria

Ah Mikey, I am not after your girlfriends. I like creatures that shave certain places my friend. I dont think you are ignorant of everything but sheep molestation. Dont be as hard on yourself as you are on your mutton-bunnies. smile.gif

I am well aware of the Murjaani, but that could easily be added to the existing Germans.

And what would be the feature French plane to battle the Me-262 or J7W? The Italians could feature atleast a form of a jet aircraft in the Caproni Campini N.1

Except of course hte N.1 is roughly analagous to teh He-178 or Whittle E28/39 - ie an unarmed testbed a/c, not a fighter!! :rolleyes:

I don't think there's actually NEED for fantasy planes - the Soviets don't get the Mig-9 or Yak-11, the Poles don't have anything, the Brits dont' get the Meteor - all of which mave more basis in reality than the J7W!

This what I can't stand about any WW2 game ever made. You have 2 Groups of Players.

One side you have the Players who want the Late War Uberfied Planes, and give me the What if planes also.

On the other side you have players (like me) who would have a more pure, early to middle stage War with planes that are the backbone of what people think of when WW2 is Mentioned.

I could careless if 262 was not even in the game, because once the 262 enters a game then thats when you start seeing more players bringing up planes that where experimental or hardly flew at all.

I hope if they add any more Lame Jets and even the ones we have, they add a feature that makes you have to have 11 Trillion Zillion Billion XP's to fly, and if you have that much, then you have to have the Phone Number of a 4 armed half retarded Circus Sideshow Freak, named Lulu, that you can send to them so they can verify that the number is real, and to laugh at you.

Jets, pffft, if you want that stuff I can send you a ton of freaking links to games that let you play freaking Jets.

For goodness sake lets make a WW2 game have piston engines and have planes that are not like every other Game on the market with the same ol stupid "What if, late War" junk.

Italy and France are both a great choice, and fill the Early and Middle part of the War. I mean Come on, you have the Polish (and yes I know the flew the whole war) and that Countries Planes.

I also find it funny the Game Radio has Mussolini talking Smack in it, but the Italians are not even in the game. Too funny.

Skaol

p.s. A small addition like the Poles would be Hungary and Finland would be grand as well. =)

Well except that the J7W was slated in full production and would have entered the war had no Atomic bombs been dropped.

And I am not saying the N.1 is in the game but that there would be that option whereas the French would be another Poland w/o morphing into Brits to fly at higher levels.

And I think the Meteor and P-80 and Mig-9 should make it into the game.

Lots of things were slated for full production before the war ended - and even the allies cancelled bucketloads of them - just a few:

Supermarine Spiteful - spitfire development with a laminar flow wing - 22 made, and perhaps a couple saw some service in the last days of WW2 in Europe

XF6U-1 Pirate

XFJ-1 Fury

FH-1 Phantom - only 60 produced for hte USN due cut-backs after VE day

the N.1 was not an option - it simply was not a combat aeroplane!

[ February 28, 2007, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: Stalin's Organist ]

Axis:

German

Japan

Allies:

United States

Britain

Russia

Poland

This is very simple. If you select France, the Axis have 5 opponents to face. That's great for the Axis and offers wonderful variety, but it sucks for the Allies who face the same two nationalities they've fought since the basic game was released. If you select Italy, it's 3v4 instead of 2v5.

I'd have to agree with Italy as well since it can fight vs Russia, Brit, US.

I think Poland was in the war such a short time that the effort put into adding it to the game would have been better used for some other country such as Italy, France, Finn, or even Hungary/Rumania.

The balance of Axis/Ally countries is a good argument for helping select what country should be done as well as what potential planes, theaters of battle, and number of years in play being considered.

Having said all that, the lack of activity in the past six months compared to a year ago may make further efforts of questionable value as far as how much revenue and new players can be brought in.

I'll continue to support the effort -- if an new addon with this new country gets put on sale I'll buy it... smile.gif

BvB

I said that in a post before he did you old goat. Does the reading comprehension go before the vision when you get to be a senior-citizen sheep herder? :confused:

Originally posted by Stalin's Organist:

That's a better argument than anything Six has managed!! ;)

Oh yea of little knowledge - you didn't say anything abut numbers.

Inigo actually put figures to it, hence his post is better than ANYTHING you posted, before OR after tongue.gif

Of course, I say first at all France and Italy. I can't imagine that those 2 countries don't exist in the next expansion, when we have Poland with only one polish fighter... ;) Italy and France will give to Dif a lot of new planes each.

Then, as we have with the E.F. Expansion the Poles pilots going into the RAF after the Polish Air Force, we may have french pilots flying against Axis until 1940, then some choices may be possible (with the same system of xp level):

1) they could stay in Vichy's air force (Axis side, see the fights against Brits in Syria Campaign)

2) they could fly with the RAF ("Free French Squadrons")

3) they could fly with the Soviets ("Normandie-Niemen").

Is that easy to include into a new expansion, i don't know...

Don't forget too, many polish pilots, that escaped from their country after the german invasion, first went into French Air Force ("Varsovie Group", "Groupe de Chasse et de Marche Polonais" defending the city of Lyon, etc..), then into RAF.

And I want here to say "thank you" to Stalin's O. for defending the french airplaines smile.gif against the evil Sixx :D

WWFP !!! We Want French Planes !!!

[ March 07, 2007, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: bardamu ]

Originally posted by Stalin's Organist:

Lots of things were slated for full production before the war ended - and even the allies cancelled bucketloads of them - just a few:

and what about the P-82 "Twin Mustang" ? First fly in april 1945.

Guys, there is no guarantee we will get a new expansion. I dont know the $$$ situation but this will cost some of it. Italian, French, and maybe Finns is all that we really need for a more complete game tho. Maybe even add a New Zealand plane, the Sheepfire XV for Stalin so he can be rewarded for his hard work. smile.gif

Well, if you want to get technical, there were more 20+ kill aces from New Zealand than there was from Italy.

But I do agree, Italy would be the next best choice. Then France. After that the aircraft selection become very limited for other countries. The Finns would have the Buffalo, then the Me-109G and then maybe the Myrsky. Bombers would be Soviet SB-2's and German Do-17's. Czech would be what....Avia B-35 and B-135 or maybe the B-534? Or the Letov S-328 for a bomber? MB-200?

Makes it very difficult to match up similar level aircraft. You really don't want late-war Co-Belligerent Italian P-39's intercepting Me-262's do you? :mad:

[ March 07, 2007, 07:15 PM: Message edited by: lakespeed ]

If you want to be technical, the Italians couldnt have flown the Sheepfire XV though, as the RKAF (Royal Kiwi Allied Fornicators) were able to do. That morale boost likely propelled (excuse the pun) the Kiwi's to shoot down planes faster so they could get back to Brokeback Mutton.