Anyone still here?

NefariousKoel

Also, I was wondering...

Are expansion pack users on a different setup? Hopefully I'm not missing out on head-to-head due to not having the latest.

Gimme details on the xpac and how I can play vs./with someone with a newer version than myself.

I don't wanna buy an expansion if nobody's on. :(

I am thinking about getting DIF. I Have played around with the demo enough to get a feel for the game but I want to compete against others and not just the AI. Has everyone quit playing this game?

On another note I visited Dans' site and checked out the vassal games that he has to offer; looks like some interesting solitare play to be had for fans of old style play.

Ralph

If you don't have the expansion pack, you can still play against players who do have the expansion pack. What happens is you will see a "generic" aircraft instead of the actual aircraft animations.

I think activity for online games has slowed down lately, but you should still be able to find opponents. Maybe some of the regulars can tell you if there are certain days of the week and/or times of the day that tend to have more people playing.

I have the expansion and still play some. Activity there is down quite a bit from a year ago and also the last few weeks haven't been very active there.

I think it would be a good idea for them in the future to sell DiF and the EF expansion as a bundle to get more people into the battles. While I would like to see further additions to this game, with the decreased activity I doubt the effort would be justified by the developers.

While adding the Russians was a definite plus, Poland was in the war such a short time that I don't see how they were justified the effort as much as it would have been to add a more active force such as Italy. Then if they had the time to add smaller countries, then they could have brought in Poland, Finnland, Romania, Hungary and France and possibly other UK countries for any unique aircraft in their arsenals.

What ? France is seen by our friend BvB as a small country ? :eek:

I can't accept that! ;)

You should have the largest choice of different models with french planes ; I think about D.520, MS 406, Hawk 75, Bloch 151/152/155, Bloch 174, Potez 631, and the beautiful Arsenal VG 33. And I don't tell about bombers. :cool:

But of course, we need also Italy, and all the real "little countries" :D .

[ December 20, 2006, 06:32 AM: Message edited by: bardamu ]

Sixx hasn't updated his tourney page since the end of Nov. He was on almost all the time that month but seems to have totally diappeared.

As for me calling France a little country I probably should have used the word "minor" in that it was only in the war until 1940. After that you can talk about Free French or Vichy French actions.

I'd relate it to Poland for being in the war such a short time. Italy was active 40-43, a bit longer and on multiple fronts. Finnland has the Winter War and then WWII east front, so they'd be active 39-44. Hungary/Romania are east front but also vs western bomber attacks, so they'd be active at least 41-44.

I understand the likelihood that none of these will be brought into the game. If any were, then maybe one at a time as a purchased download patch.