Problem Running Demo

rich12545

Well, since I uninstalled the game I don't have a log. Basically when I started I got a window that said the program needs to close. And the screen flickered. I pressed ok in the window and the game closed.

I can redownload the game and try again. Couple questions.

I have .net 2.0 and the demo req says 1.1 or later so I didn't install 1.1. Just noticed the game reqs say 1.1 only. So do I need 1.1 also or is 2.0 ok? Maybe that's the problem.

Do I need to be online when I play? Couldn't quite understand the reqs. Can I have everything on my hd so I can play offline if I don't want to do multi?

The game is not compatible with .NET 2.0 so you must install 1.1.

You can play both online and offline, although campaign games are only available online right now. However, even if you play online you can play "Solo" games against the AI and you get the added benefit of having your pilot statistics tracked on the Leader Board. The only reason to play offline is if you simply don't have an internet connection available.

Ok. I'll redownload the demo today and give it a try. I would recommend changing the reqs for the demo to avoid confusion.

The main thing I don't like about online reqs is what if the company goes out of business? Imo, it would be better to be able to download the campaigns and have an option to post pilot stats.

One would hope DIF won't go out of business. But look at Strategic Simulations. Look at Microprose. And many others. Heck, look at Enron. Nobody can make a blanket statement about a company not going out of business for sure. Now, that isn't a game breaker for me. Just that I'd rather have everything necessary to play the entire game.