The Expansion is NEAR

Sixxkiller

Well since there are not a lot of new topics, I guess I shall inform you that VERY soon you will be having the pleasure of flying all of the new aircraft and seeing the new features that will take DIF to a new level!

Included in the expansion will also be 12 initial campaigns from Stalin and myself along with 3 more that will be released hopefully within 1 week of release, and more on the way after that.

So its time to start getting excited and get ready for some good duels in the skies.

True, we had to adjust the release date by a few days so as to not conflict with vacation time for one of the people on the team.

Of course, we are all team players and do not point fingers if one of us causes a delay by being on vacation and cannot update the server with all the latest files. All for one and one for all, there is no 'i' in team, we're all giving 110%, etc...

Hope you're taking lots of pictures Matt. smile.gif

Haha and Dan didnt mention that MY part wasnt done as i was away for 6 weeks. I have been working like mad to get them ready! But I am glad that Matt takes the blame instead of me hehe. Hmmm what else should we blame Matt for? One could start a Blame it on Matt Thread.....

MadMatt's Vacation is the cause of Sally Struthers addiction to Twinkies!!!!

Yes, that should be possible soon. I was waiting for Matt to update the server with the new code and for Ray to finish loading the campaign data. I think we will be updating the code tonight and it sounds like I can move the data over after that.

Mike,

All of them have been for 6 weeks you senile sheep herder!!! Hehe. You just have to have Brian reset the server from time to time to be able to play.

D-Day is particularly fun. Played 4 turns of 5 today as the Germans. Me-262s are bomber killers!!!!

Mike,

All of them have been for 6 weeks you senile sheep herder!!! Hehe. You just have to have Brian reset the server from time to time to be able to play.

D-Day is particularly fun. Played 4 turns of 5 today as the Germans. Me-262s are bomber killers!!!!

There won't be that many 262 attacks tho - not at the points they become available - but perhaps an incentive for ppl to play more games as Germans!! smile.gif

Oh I think people will be wanting to play the Germans. Some of those are going to cry when the chute doesnt open the right way. I have always called it the Short Silk Ride (paratrooper thang). Its a lovely ride but you only get to go once! smile.gif

But the real players are going to want to play the Empire of the Rising Sun! Sadahara in a Ki-84, I know your knees are shakin and you have made those blue pants green. And believe me hes coming to give you that short silk ride! Banzaiiiiiiiiiiii

• 2 weeks later...

I am a newbie with newbie pilots and have tried to play the battle of britain campaign against the system and can NEVER win any battle ever.

They always seem to have infinite defensive, manuver and fire cards. I just get blown out of the sky every time. I am an experienced wargamer but this sucks.

I would read through the "Tips for newbies" topic if you haven't done so already. There is a lot of good information there that applies to both dogfights and campaigns.

Campaigns are about resource management and your resources are your pilots. Don't try to cover every area every turn as your pilots will burn out quickly. Bring maximum force to a couple of high value areas, leave the low value areas alone and maybe contest one or two other areas to prevent your opponent from getting free points. A lot will be driven by what targets show up each turn.

There are a lot of other guys here who have more flight time than I do. I'm sure they'll chime in soon. Don't give up!