Important changes coming soon...

bartbert

Frenchy, you're one of those who will be "pre-registered". What this means is that when the update is released, all you should have to do is go to the "Tools/Register" menu and it will automatically lookup your registration information.

I'm not sure what the price on the expansion pack will be. Battlefront is very close to having the capability to allow players to purchase games online and download them right away instead of waiting for a CD to be shipped. The expansion pack will benefit from that capability.

And you can click the included option to transfer your life savings directly to my account. Those who do not trust giving me all thier money online may make thier checks payable to Sixxkillers Ferrari Fund.... My dating Jessica Simpson depends on it. Any donation of over $10,000 will ensure her sister Ashlee makes no more records.

-Ray

PS Thank you for your support. Any donation of over $2,600 will include a free expansion CD and access to the neighbors house. Key not provided.

:D

[ February 25, 2006, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: Sixxkiller ]

The information will always be on the server. If you were to switch to a different PC, then you would be prompted to register again, but if you put in your user name and password, it will lookup your information and pull it down for you.

In the future, the serial number will be provided with the purchased product, either as as sticker on the CD case, or in an e-mail if you download it. Once you enter that serial number, it will always be tied to your user name on the server.

Just downloaded new update (02-26/1225 hrs/cst). Now when I enter local LObby I get an error notice. Haven't tried playing yet, but seems to access the gaem okay, but the Lobby sound is gone. Error notice begins:

Error Occured in: DiFLobbyClient

Description: The located assembly's manifest deinition with name 'AxInterop.SHDocVw' does not match the assembly refernce.

Possibly. Since we didn't issue serial numbers originally, we assigned serial numbers to users based on information in the database. It's possible that both of your user accounts got "grandfathered" in based on the information we had available. About all I suggest is that you try it and see what happens.

In the future, having multiple accounts definitely won't work (unless you purchase multiple copies, of course).

Originally posted by bartbert:

Possibly. Since we didn't issue serial numbers originally, we assigned serial numbers to users based on information in the database. It's possible that both of your user accounts got "grandfathered" in based on the information we had available. About all I suggest is that you try it and see what happens.

In the future, having multiple accounts definitely won't work (unless you purchase multiple copies, of course).

It worked...seems like I'm grandfathered in...as a side note, I paid half for my friends copy to encourage him to play so you guys didn't lose anything.... smile.gif

Bartbert,

I have a slightly different problem: it thinks my username and password are not who I am. My online name is "Steinhoff" and has been so since I bought the game months ago. I'm the Steinhoff who participated on the Brit side in the Singapore Tourney. When I went to register yesterday the boxes for my first and lastname was correctly auto-inserted, as was my nickname: Steinhoff. So the database "knew" that that was who I am. But when I typed in, very carefully, the password, it just came back stating that the name and password had been taken.

The same database must be used when I attempt to logon to the downinflamesonline.com site, as it too rejects what I had been using since getting the game!

This might be an old problem, as when I tried to login to this site originally (i.e., months ago) I had to choose another nickname ... the database administrator said that Steinhoff had been taken.

At any rate, I'd like to get back to the game soon, please help!

Thanks,

Steinhoff

It sounds like you're trying to register on the web site. If so, that is not where you need to go.

You should start the game in the usual way to bring up the Lobby. Then go to the "Tools" menu and select the "Register products" sub-menu. This will bring up a form where you enter your registration information. I have checked the database, and you are already pre-registered, so all you should have to do is open the form and it will pull down your registration info.

If none of this makes sense or if it isn't working, send an e-mail to difadmin@battlefront.com and we'll sort it out offline.