Some comments about the changes

lakespeed

Well, some of the comments seem to have drifted a little bit off topic ;)

I´ll add my thoughts about the changes and refrain from commenting on the merits of different planes (...my vote for best fighter would go to the late war cannon-armed corsairs or the FW 190Ds :D ):

Overall i like them, but there is room for improvement. The damage bonus is a very good idea, but i really hate the fact that with a -1 bonus 1/1 IMS cards are useless. This is a huge penalty, you often get 2-3 useless cards in a hand of 6 or so in addition to the fact that you do less damage with the better cards. From a gameplay perspective this is bad, and i don´t think it is historical (except maybe for the planes armed only with two small calibre machineguns).

A possible solution would be to let all cards inflict a minimum of 1 point of damage, this removes the useless 1/1 IMS and still gives those planes a disadvantage. Another possibility would be to give those planes different decks without 1/1 IMS.

The +2 damage bonus planes are slightly too deadly in my opinion, especially if they draw a 3/4 OTS. Maybe a damage cap of 4 or 5 would be a good idea? I am still undecided about this.

The heavy cannon rule seems to work, but occasionally you get weird amounts of kill cards. I had 5 in one game with a Mosquito, that is statistically nearly impossible ;) .

Maybe a limit of one or two converted cards per game would help?

I hope to have provided you with some food for additional thoughts / comments smile.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to have to agree with the perception that the changes make the game more technically accurate, at the expense of gameplay FUN. Some people will enjoy the added complication, but not only have you added that, but some planes are entirely too fragile when fighting other planes. I'm going to have to throw my hat in with the "put it back" crowd.

I like the changes. :D One area that I think need a minor change or 2 is the amount of 2:Destroy cards that can be converted in a turn. The MAX should be (1) a turn per plane anyway. There is nothing more frustrating than having both of your heavy bombers blown out of the sky before turn 1 is over. :( Both by multiple 2:Destroy cards. Just my 2 cents. smile.gif