World Bowl of DIF TOURNAMENT

Sixxkiller

LISTEN UP LADIES!!!!!

ANNOUNCING THE NEXT TOURNAMENT FOR THE DOWN IN FLAMES COMMUNITY!

DATE: January 28th, 11AM PST (-8 GMT)

HOW TO ENTER: GET TEAM TOGETHER AND EMAIL: sixxkillersquadron@hotmail.com

ENTRY DEADLINE: Friday January 27, 2006 at 6PM PST.

WHERE: At your computer

PRIZE: Medals, +100 XP for entering, +100 XP for each win, +200 XP for making playoffs (Final 4), +250 XP for 2nd Place, +400 for WINNER. Bonus XP of 150 for player with most KILLS. This is all in Addition to the xp you accumulate playing, so can be quite a good day.

WHAT YOU NEED: You Need The Full RETAIL Version of DIF with any patches.

You need a partner who has same 500-600 points.

YOUR PILOT: Must have no more than 600 combined points and not less than 500 combined points. So ladies thats 500-600.

The TOURNAMENT:

REGULAR SEASON: You didnt think you would get to the WORLD BOWL without deserving it did you?

Ok Regular season begins with you playing a season of 3 games against 3 different random teams.

Your team (You and your partner) will be split up and play another team for 3 games. The winner is determined by total score from all 3 games for each player. ( So if you score 52 points in 3 games and your partner scores 44, you have scored 96 points. Losing does not mean you are out of the tournament. Winning a 3 game set will also get you 25 extra points. (So if you won the 3 game set 96-77, you get 96 points PLUS 25 for a grand total of 121 POINTS.)

You will play 3 different teams remember.

TOTAL SCORES WILL BE ADDED UP and the TOP 4 TEAMS IN TOTAL SCORE WILL ADVANCE TO THE PLAYOFFS.

The Playoffs:

The Top scoring team will then play the 4th best scoring team. The second best team will play the 3rd best team.

The winner in total score of 1/4 and 2/3 will play for the WORLD BOWL of DIF CHAMPIONSHIP.

RULES:

1. MUST HAVE LEGITIMATE COPY OF GAME!

2. Must HAVE A PARTNER

3. MUST HAVE A 500-600 point pilot for each.

4. Teams will decide who is ALPHA Pilot and who is BRAVO Pilot. Matches will be Alpha vs Alpha and Bravo vs Bravo.

5. MUST SUBMIT YOUR LEADER/WINGMAN name, your PARTNERS LEADER/WINGMAN name, you and your partners FULL NAME and EMAIL ADDRESS.

6. YOU MUST ACT LIKE A GENTLEMAN WIN or LOSE!

7. Any problem will be handled in the fairest manner possible by tournament official(s).

8. More rules may be added at a future time.

9. HAVE FUN!

Any questions can be directed to sixxkillersquadron@hotmail.com

-Ray

[ January 19, 2006, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: Sixxkiller ]

First, Stalin asked a very good question (for once ;) ) - is this a one day event? If so, are there breaks between battles? Secondly, these are NOT new pilots to be created, correct? Third, I need a partner :D Lastly, when you say points - you do mean points showing when you create an online game - not cumulative xp, right? I would also like to point out that there can be a LARGE point change for a set of pilots based on the aircraft they chose. Example: Leader & Wingman in Hurr II - total points=580. Same pilots in Spit V - total points=472. I assume that means this particular set of pilots could fly a Spit V and buy several cards as long as total points did not exceed 600. Is my assumption correct?

[ January 19, 2006, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: tornado ]

Originally posted by tornado:

First, Stalin asked a very good question (for once ;) )

You mean I asked one you could understand? ;)

Hey - hang on - I'm not talking to you!! tongue.gif

Six - would you please ask Tornado if he'd like to hold my hand in this tourney?

Ta

SO

Hi Stalin, you need to find your OWN partner. But I will pass on your proposal. I think if you give him a ring he may blush, faint, and you guys can be together Till Death Due You Part. Oh wait that was last tournament. smile.gif

And Tom, I almost pissed my shorts with that one. :D Thank god I am old and have Depends on....

-Ray

Ah...no...I was an "Assault Pioneer" when I was a part time soldier - a platoon of AP's was the integral light field engineering establishment of hte infantry Bn.

I was trained in all the good stuff - right down to bayonet prodding and searching for tripwires with divinging rods .......or bits of stick or wire bent to look like them that you'd sweep in a vertical arc to ctch on any wires - just lightly tho - don't want to set them off.

I'm happy to say my skills were never put to serious test 'cos I kept tripping the training versions!! :(

[ January 20, 2006, 01:25 AM: Message edited by: Stalin's Organist ]

So any answer to Tornado's questions:

I assume it's one day. I assume short breaks between battles as things get reorganized.

I assume these are our pilots and not new ones. So I have to find one that level or work my butt off to get one to 500-600 by the tourney start.

Most I have are either way above or way below that.

What about his question about using a higher pilot with a lower plane to get it below 600?

Ok, I'll get outta your hair for now and go back to my beer and cereal breakfast!

Originally posted by tornado:

First, Stalin asked a very good question (for once ;) ) - is this a one day event? If so, are there breaks between battles? Secondly, these are NOT new pilots to be created, correct? Third, I need a partner :D Lastly, when you say points - you do mean points showing when you create an online game - not cumulative xp, right? I would also like to point out that there can be a LARGE point change for a set of pilots based on the aircraft they chose. Example: Leader & Wingman in Hurr II - total points=580. Same pilots in Spit V - total points=472. I assume that means this particular set of pilots could fly a Spit V and buy several cards as long as total points did not exceed 600. Is my assumption correct?

tongue.gif

Originally posted by Sixxkiller:

Hi Stalin, you need to find your OWN partner. But I will pass on your proposal. I think if you give him a ring he may blush, faint, and you guys can be together Till Death Due You Part. Oh wait that was last tournament. smile.gif

And Tom, I almost pissed my shorts with that one. :D Thank god I am old and have Depends on....

-Ray

That is hilarious!

Hi all. I will not be in the next tournament. My pilots are a little to high. :cool: Sorry Lakespeed. :( I asked 1FSTCAT to be your partner. I think you 2 would have a great chance at winning. ;) I'll be cheering you on. Plus after the first set I'll be able to play Stalins'O anyway. :D Good Luck to all, and have FUN. smile.gif