Me-410 Released

bartbert

Looking for a successor to the Messerschmitt Bf-110, the Messerschmitt Me-210 was designed. However, it's design had problems, and by the time it had matured to a good aircraft it had a terrible reputation from which it could not recover.

Nevertheless, the Bf 110 needed a replacement, for it had grown obsolete from the Battle of Britain onward.

Using the Me-210 as a starting point, and changing the designation for psychological reasons, the Me-410 Hornisse was quickly completed. The Me-410 was different from the Me-210 mostly in it's powerplant, and modified wings. These panels included automatic leading edge slots, updated ailerons, trailing-edge flaps and radiator flaps. The first Me-410 prototype was a modified Me-210 pre-production aircraft.

Flight trials proved that the Me-410 didn't have the problems of the Me-210, and performed excellent with good handling. This, combined with experience with the Me-210, was reason enough for the Me-410 to be ordered into production only a few weeks after the first flight.

Very cool. Just FYI, I went to the Plane Data page on the DiF Battlefront page to check the stats on the new plane. Not there yet, no big deal, but wanted to let you know that clicking the Brits under the Free Downloadable Planes section links you to the Japan page. Seems to be no way to view the Buffalo at present. No big deal, just thought I'd let you know.

Should make for a more interesting game as the Germans....although they're easy enough to beat when playing the allies already! ;)

Are you going to update Singapore with Buffalos instead of some of the Hurricanes - perhaps that'll make the Japanese players from the tournament feel a little better?! ;)

Hi all. smile.gif Back before the Singapore campaign started all you heard by the players was that the Japanese would win this campaign easy. :rolleyes: That is why I went to the British side. The Japanese played the X2 on down games even or 1 better than the British side. The main reason the Japanese lost was the top 3 players on the British side. They went 8 wins to NO losses. ;) (1) game was not played because I guess the Japanese player didn't want to lose. tongue.gif

All I'm saying is don't change the campaigns to much because someone complains they can't win. Sometimes you lose because of bad luck, but that can happen anytime. Don't blame that on the campaign being to hard or one sided. Maybe it may just be the player making mistakes during the game. Think about why you lost and play better, and just forget about BAD LUCK. It happens to us all. Cethegus will tell you. :D The only man to beat me in 3 tournaments. :cool:

The best information I have on the Brits suggests that their OOB for Malayay & Singapore was:

In December, 1941, the British Far East was guarded by 233 aircraft in 13 squadrons:

4 sqdn Bristol Blenheim lt bombers (1 sqdn IVF model)

2 sqdn Lockheed Hudson lt bombers

2 sqdn Vickers Vildebeest torpedo bombers (biplanes)

1 sqdn Catalina seaplanes

4 sqdn Brewster B-339E (F2A-2 ) Buffalo fighters

1 in Mingaladon (Rangoon), Burma

No. 243 & 488 Sqdns in Kallang, Malaya (outside Singapore)

No. 21 sqdn. at Sungei Patani

No. 453 sq. at Sembawang

Add to this a small Australian air contingent moved to Malaya once the Japanese attacks began consisting of

2 sqdn of Lockheed Hudson lt bombers

2 sqdn Brewster F2A-2 Buffalo fighters

1 sqdn of Wirraway Lt bombers

In early 1942, the Australians added two more squadrons of Hudsons: 1 to Timor and 1 to Ambon.

In addition 4 squadrons of Tropicalised Hurricane 2C's were shipped there in January - 48 arrived on the 13th, and 50 were flown off Indomitable on the 27th but the survivors quickly transfered to Java.

so perhaps both Hurricane I sqn's should be Bufalo?

How could I deny the UK players the use of the MIGHTY Buffalo?!

I think the advertising from the company would go something like...

"Why fly into battle in a Mustang, when you can have a Buffalo! Buffalos are huge, and they have horns, and they snort. All very manly stuff. Mustangs just gallop in circles and eat grass. Kind of girlie, don't you think?"