Will CM support the new Voodo 5 ?

I haven't heard of any 'new' Voodoo 5 series cards. 3dfx went out of business and NVidia bought them and their intellectual properties.

The Voodoo 5500 should basically work with Windows 98/ME & 2000. Windows XP has had the 3D DirectX code disabled for the Voodoo family at NVidia's request (so I've heard). Otherwise I believe that the Voodoo 5500 should work for CMBO and CMBB. The entire Voodoo family has texture problems (the 'white out') which is caused by high-res textures (sometimes in combination with higher screen resolutions).

A company awhile back was going to release some newer Voodoo drivers that were going to work with XP and earlier Windows 0S's. However someone (possibly NVidia) pointed out some legal problems with that plan and it appears to have been shelved permanently.

The Voodoo 5500 provided some of the highest quality FSAA available on the PC. Unfortunately the driver problems and lack of future updates (of almost any sort now) make this card a bad purchase decision now or at least one with a very limited future.

Hi, I am currently using a voodoo 5 card to play combat mission in windows me. I had a nvidia 2 ultra card but could not find drivers (at that time detonator 6- 12 that allowed anti-aliasing to work properly. Even with fsaa on the v5 ran faster than my nvidia card when playing cmbo- on a p3 then on a thunderbird 1.4. I use drivers omega 4.12.01 .066 downloaded from voodoofiles.com with 3dfx tools 2.60.106. In my case the only time the screen whites out is when you esc to windows and then renter the game from windows. restarting the game brings back the normal screen.