Downloading the Game

Austin

I am not sure if this issue has been addressed before or not, so I will. DiF is orderable on the net for 35 bucks but the full game cannot be bought and downloaded. It could be offered a bit less expensively and would satisfy those of us who are more immediate gratification people.

Has this been considered? I know there is a manual but that could also be downloaded in a bundle, pdf is always good. Thoughts?

Sadly the hacker sites dont need to get this game that easily. It is a shame that small companies lose so much off of this.

I am all for the manual tho. I ordered the game on friday and the manual would be nice to print out and peruse while I wait. I think its in pdf form too... Maybe if they verify that you have ordered the game they could give you a link to the manual.

-Ray

-Ray

Ahhh,

I did not consider the *JERKS* who would rip off the programers by pirating the game like that. I find the game fun but I am not sure I want to drop 35 bucks on it yet especially with all of the bugs I have seen posted on the board here in this small audience at the moment.

I have shown the game to a number of friends and they are leery as well because of the current bugs and the need to order it and wait and not just download it. It was just a thought on my part.

The bugs are minor compared with most games. BTS has a flawless record as far as support goes. You have a problem and they do all they can to rectify it. And so very few games are downloaded anyways. And wargames usually have a smaller community but with BTS games the ones who do play, play a lot in general.

-RAy

Austin,

The fixes and features and will continue to be added to the game on a regular basis.

The bugs found so far are in general connected with the diversity of people's individual system set-ups, and with features that we had not thought of.

For example, being able to play campaigns locally seems to be an issue for a significant number of people. None of the team ever considered this, but it has been brought to our attention, and it's now on the list of things to do.

Another example is that more than a few people seem to have some kind of problem with their system's Ariel font. This never popped-up during testing, so we didn't find out about it until the game went live. It's also on the list.

If you still feel that holding off on purchasing the game is your best option, then you must do as you feel best, but it really is a lot of fun and one by one the bugs will be fixed and the features will be added. Best of all, if you join now, you'll be able to tell people in a year or two, "You think that's a bug?! Well I remember when..."

smile.gif

Hello Austin,

unfortunately setting up a reliable download service is anything but easy and definitely not cheap (or at least not cheaper than it costs to ship product to you out of our warehouses).

We are looking for a good option for a long time now that is not costing us more than our current mail-order setup. Who knows, perhaps this year we'll be able to find something finally. But not yet.

So for the moment, mail-order is the only way to go. Depending on where you and your friends are, this means having to wait between 2-14 days for the game.

Martin

Originally posted by MantaRay:

Sadly the hacker sites dont need to get this game that easily. It is a shame that small companies lose so much off of this.

I am all for the manual tho. I ordered the game on friday and the manual would be nice to print out and peruse while I wait. I think its in pdf form too... Maybe if they verify that you have ordered the game they could give you a link to the manual.

-Ray

-Ray

Sadly a cdrom does ZERO to prevent piracy so his suggestion is in no way shape or form out of line. It's a 100% viable distribution avenue that many companies both small and large use.

Rastak,

Ya but atleast it didnt get put on the warez sites with a little red bow the first day it was out. Most pirating comes from store employees who get the game before its scheduled to be released, copy it, crack it, and upload it. More than a few times this has resulted in the game being on the web before it was even on the shelves.

-Ray