restrictions for joining game?

Haohmaru

Hi there,

I just played a dog fight where I started the game with a 9 point pilot. My opponent who joined the match, joined with a 12 point pilot. I thought there was a restriction stopping higher value pilots joining a match? Does the level have to be past a certain amount where the opponent is blocked from joining? What's the threshold?

For the demo game, there really aren't any restrictions. Since there is a 100 XP limit on pilots, and there is only one type of aircraft per nationality, we decided that it might make it too difficult to join a game if we put the normal restrictions in place.

In the full release, you will not be able to join a game unless the value of your pilots plus aircraft is greater than 75% of the game value and less than or equal to the game value.

The community in this game is very good and you should simply ask for new pilots or pilots without skills, usually everyone who joins will obey. There are no limitations in the demo, or the highest possible difference (13 [very rare]-9) is still allowed.

But a level 9 in hands of an expierenced player will in most cases put a good fight against an level 12. I got several times my pretty good 12ers shot completly down without even able to damage them. The only unfair constellations in the game are if an experienced player plays agains an unexperienced one. I remember one time as Tomb shot my 12er down with some 10er, and that without having too much of unbalanced cards.

The XP shown on the web site is kind of misleading. Essentially, it shows how much XP your pilot would have if there were no XP limit. However, if you go look at your pilot in the "Manage Pilots" screen from within the Lobby, you will see that your Cumulative XP goes no higher than 100. This means that you can never purchase more than 100 XP worth of skills.

We decided not to limit the display of XP on the web site so that players could continue to compete for the top Ace position even after they hit the 100 XP limit.