Will the rule on landing units at ports make it impossible to support an invasion?

Will the new rule requiring that transports land units at ports make it impossible to support an invasion?

I ask this question because in a recent game my opponent bombed a port and my units could not evaucate to safety. So, if a port is bombed below 5 will reinforcements be able to land?

If so, I can see a strategy of holding back bombers to attack ports and thus preventing reinforcements from landing. Of course, this brings up the counter strategy of building up air superiority in an area to protect the ports at the landing site.

[ May 25, 2004, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

So, if a port is bombed below 5 will reinforcements be able to land?
A prudent strategy would be to have a second wave of amphibious transports ready for reinforcement and reserve. If a port is secured, they could just disembark without landing losses. If not, then they're available for second wave landings. Which is pretty much what happened at D-Day anyway, yes?

Yes.

Also, I just realized that the new unit - amphibious transports - will make it easier for the AI to make amphibious invasions.

Am I correct?

Will we be seeing an AI that is more prone to launching Amphibious invasions in SC2?