Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Simple Question re: SC2

I should have known I can't get a simple 3 letter answer from you. ;)

And many thanks for the words of encouragement, perhaps, is it true, do I see a Nordic Invasion in my crystal ball?

I asked above question because the Italian Navy AI in SC1 was quite tepid.

As you know;

Tactically:

1. Even if No UK subs or aircraft were in the Med its sub would not interdict UK merchant shipping.

2. If the Allies (ie UK) had only one fleet in the Med the six ship Italian Navy would not hunt it down.

3. It did not group its ships for attack or use a corps transport or Italian air unit to spot enemy ships or transports.

4. If it entered the war and found the entire UK and French fleets waiting off the coast of Italy it would charge into battle and not seek the shelter of the Adriatic.

to name a few obvious lapses of judgement.

5. And as for the Italian army, it would not even attack an undefended Cairo, nor would it evacuate units from North Afrcia to Italy to aid in the end game defense of Rome.

[ October 12, 2004, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

I have not seen the new AI scripts yet. If they develop into something as flexibible as the event scripts, then I expect we'll be able to fine tune quite a few AI strategies to be both historical and competitive.

Perhaps not to everyone's personal satisfaction or playing styles, of course, but again the Editor will allow for further customization. IMHO, between the AI scripts and the event scripts we should be able to create a very challenging and variable solitaire game. :cool: