Bad times for…. spys

Bad times for spys indeed. The current intel system SC2 is featuring is too simple to even be considered intel at all. Research sabotage? We never heard of any intel work that could have delayed research advances for the other side, if so maybe a commando demolition team could have made some damage on Germany nuclear programme after destroying a “heavy” water facility in Sweden. And this sabotage feature is a very limited option that does not bring any exciting thing to the game. Donald Sutherland, after having being able to identify D-day real target, would have been totally disappointed about the outcome of his well done job. “ I risked my life for nothing!” he declared just before getting his head blasted by a shotgun.

What has happened here? We just do not know. My guess is allies never really got to decipher enigma code, Matahari was a fancy new drink and Garbo was just a normal guy. If I spent some money in Intel I would have hoped to get some nice incomes in the terms of being able to decipher U-boat code to hunt them down, to find out the real D-day target to kill some GIs or to be able to spot Mainstain in Italy and just about to get on a boat to support Tobruk forces. I mean, this is what intel is all about, aint it?.

Another guess here, the effort on developing an “advance AI” (not-totally-dumb-AI morelike, don’t you think?) has to take the time from other features. Intel has being robbed here. The running out water of the boy-scout lost group in Sahara desert was equally divided between the boys, the elephant pet animal and the 90 y.o. teacher (5 bypass operations with carcinoma cancer, AIDS and “sex bugs”), breaking news reported the elephant and the 90 y.o teacher made it, this latter declared to the press just after being rescued: “I was thinking about suicide to let the kids a chance, but my 20 y.o. wife would have never forgiven me”, minutes later he died of said cancer.

Is the AI a lost cause? Me thinks so! And so thinks Edwin, veteran SC poster, “I never gave a damn about the AI, yeah I know I posted over 5000 posts about the AI this last year, but it was only because I was bored”.

We have another statement from Idaho: “Its all about Marketing!! You buntas, obvious do not nothing about this:

AI--> 50 IQ (10000 HC working hours)

People who would buy the game to play a challenging AI:

People under 50 IQ = 5% world population (me thinks is more, there are a lot of ignorant buntas out there)

And anyway I don’t think there are many strategy gamers with less than 50 IQ (gee, now that I think of Kuni…).

So, what we got here: nobody is buying the game for the AI!,

I want cool features.

I want some Intel .

I want big bombs for US.

I want the Cardinals to win tonite damn game, I’m betting big bucks!.

<<<<<--------------- OUT. “

[ January 12, 2006, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: Codename Condor ]

Last report from Sweden stated: “It is obvious the developer team require some Russian brains here, gay=happy programmers could have made the develop phase more funny and easy-going, maybe the AI would have been a ****e after all but all least the team could have passed nice gay=happy moments together”.

We have just received another transmission. Unknown origin (possibly alien entity): “Will thee be smart enough to

mix “fairy tale” with “history”?

We will see!.

All we know is….we can script!

Fancy brand new editor we will have to

manipulate at will!

Bad times for…spys

Or maybe not!!!”

SC2 Magazine.

Condor Press. TM reg.

You know how to put some words together in English?

SC2 magazine is looking for new talents.

Im offering the following columns here:

JJ->; “old timers do not fancy sixty niners”

Rambo-> “Shoot ‘em…in the name of god”

Kuni-> “life is like a box of…gays”

Desert-> Dave”help, cant rhyme fussy”

SC2 Magazine.

Condor Press. TM reg.

The current intel system SC2 is featuring is too simple to even be considered intel at all. Research sabotage? We never heard of any intel work that could have delayed research advances for the other side
It is true that the feature is simple, and perhaps misnamed as "Intel." But it captures the essence of espionage, spying, counter-intel, etc. Whatever you want to call it. In SC1 you have a research catch-up bonus. All that the Intel tech does in SC2 is increase this bonus for you and decrease the bonus for your opponent. That's it. Normal research chances are possibly increased but not decreased, so there's no delay. If you seek to benefit from your opponent's research and want to protect your own advances, then try the new Intel tech. If not, then don't bother.

Now, what's all the other gibberish about?? :rolleyes: