Total Noowbie Question

Hi,

Firstly i think i should say that this is my very first Turn Based Stratergy game i will be purchasing. I have downloaded the demo of Weapons and Warfare and i enjoy how it plays.

As there is no manual for the demo i just have a quick couple of questions mainly to do with roads and railway lines.

When i move a unit how do i get it to stay along a road? Does moving along roads mean the unit can move further? When i try and move a unit to the end of a road the route it takes isnt normally one which is logical as in goes directly to the nearest part of the road then follows the road? So if you could explain the use of roads and railways that would be great.

Also are there any way points that you can use for me to plot my own route?

Finally, if i brought the bundle is it easy for me to find online games for a total beginner?

Thankyou for looking and i appologise for what may seem a stupid questions.

Andy

[ November 08, 2007, 09:11 AM: Message edited by: dodge ]

Its simple dodge, the ai calculates the least APs to get to your final designated tile for that movement. Sometimes it doesn't follow the road tiles exactly because it won't matter, its the same amount of APs.

Roads are beneficial when moving through terrain that costs more APs than clear and during periods of inclement weather, like mud.

Hopefully we will get a supply calculation from the use of more efficient movement networks, like roads and railways.

If you get the bundle you'll never be in need of a human opponent. There is a vast community and you will have a great time testing your strategies against them and from what I hear a competent AI also.

Welcome to the world of SC.

[ November 08, 2007, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: SeaMonkey ]

Units will follow the easiest route between one place and another. When you click the end point the computer will move the unit there. Depending on the exact movement cost for each tile this may involve moving along roads alone or a mixture of terrains.

The time that the movement path is most likely to move along road routes exclusively is either in mud/snow turns or when moving through mountainous/difficult terrain. I.e when the alternative path (other than roads) is prohibitively expensive (in movement 'points' terms).

the site for mods is this...

http://www.cmmods.com/

you need registration but it is free and fast, for weapons and warfare you have available three scenarios, but soon four, as i will make public an alternate version of the fall weiss campaign with japan into europe.

note that units that make operational movement lose some readiness and fight a bit worse for one or two turns,

best regards,

alaric.