Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Scripted Event Ideas

Here are a few I ideas I have been thinking about for player scripted events for Sc2.

1. Wendell L. Willkie, Elected President of US

Chance: 5% One time chance, November 1940

Popup: Wendell Willkie defeats Franklin Roosevelt and wins election for presidency of the United States.

Effect: USA War Readiness declines 10%(?)

Reasoning: Wendell Willkie would not have embargoed the sale of oil to Japan.

2. Stalin Dies in 1940

Chance: 5% One time chance, January 1940

Popup: Joseph Stalin and ten members of the politburo slain by assassins. General Demitry Pavlov named chairman of the Communist Party in an emergency meeting of the Politburo.

Effect: USSR receives Bonus HQ unit.

Reasoning: What if the Soviet military killed Stalin and seized power.

3. Japan attacks USA

Chance: 20% in December 1941 if USA is Neutral

Popup: The Imperial forces of the Japanese Empire launched a surprise attack on the US Naval Base at Pearl Harbor in Hawaii. USA declares war on the Axis powers.

Effect: USA war readiness increases by 100%.

Reasoning: A Japanese attack on the USA would automatically bring the US into the war against the Axis.

4. Japan signs Oil treaty with Russia.

Chance: 5% in August 1941

Popup: The Soviet Union and the Empire of Japan sign an Economic Cooperation Treaty in Tokyo.

Effect: Russia gains 2 corps.

Reasoning: Peace with treaty allows Russia to transfer units west from Siberia.

[ October 06, 2005, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

Or how about the Patton dies option. Then his HQ unit is damaged/destroyed in December 1945.

and Thanks for the feedback Blashy.

PS: Though I do like the idea of unexpected the popups, they key as you suggest will be limiting them (1 in 20 games, 1 in 50 games) so that SC2 remains a true war war and the popups don't become an annoyance, but rather something unexpected.

[ October 08, 2005, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

I did not diss your Patton Option, I just pointed out another historical option.

The only item I don't know how to do, and perhaps Blashy will offer some feedback, is how to implement your Red Star Rising Option.

Perhaps, after Berlin surrenders then Russia joins the Axis so that the war can continue and The Western Allies annex Western Germany? Is this possible?

At present, there is no way for a country to switch sides once activated. Best thing to do would be to create a new campaign based on the historical end point of WWII and set USSR at war with the western Allies.

And since there's no way to script removal of a unit such as the Patton HQ, perhaps assume he gets redeployed to the Pacific unless a scripted event randomly returns him to Germany?

Originally posted by pzgndr:

At present, there is no way for a country to switch sides once activated.

At Present, then perhaps in the future? :rolleyes:

Ideally such a feature would allow for a popup option at the End of WWII for an East Vs West campaign where it would be Russia vs the Western Allies.

do you really think Patton and the Western Allies would of stood a chance vs the Red Army? Highly doubtful, the Red Army whooped the Wermacht and it's supplied directly from the Continent, with France-Germany out of the picture the Japanese still to contend with the USA and UK would be too weak to fight the Soviets.