Spanish Stupidity?

Interesting end to game. Russia takes Berlin, and US/UK landed D-Day about to take Paris, obviously the game is over. AI then has Spain join the Axis at that time. Why then?

Game ended in October 1944 major Allied victory. Berlin Munich in Russina Hands, Paris and Rome in US/UK hands.

Originally posted by Blashy:

AI probably had diplomacy chits in Spain and their ambassadors managed to convince them they had better mobilze their forces as the Allies were on the "expansion" path. smile.gif

I suppose. Still stupid however. Then again, world history has been filled with real stupid decisions as well. I will say, chits or no chits, actual game situation should have a bearing on such actions.

This is once again something that would need diplomacy events (like I suggested in the Norway discussion). Should X happen, it would chance the political alignment of country Y through a script. Chits shouldn't be the only influencing factor in diplomacy, actual actions should have an effect too (I know they do, there are many scripts already simulating that, we just need more).

I too had Spain join the Axis once when Italy had already fallen and Berlin was 2 turns away from capitulating. My U.S. troops in France didn't get to the Spanish border in time before Germany fell and the game was over. tongue.gif

It's no major issue really, but something to take a look at in future patches (not necessarily in the first ones).