"Volunteers" (crap, I think I'm spelling that wrong)

Any ideas on how to include (or maybe not) volunteer (voluntier? damn, I always sucked at spelling :( ) soldiers from occupied or even neutral countries (heck, even enemy countries! - Remember the American Nazi in Slaughterhouse 5? There were a number of English and French SS members too, I believe)? Foriegn SS, Osttruppen, Algerian mercenaries (fighting for the Allies in this case) and such?

Should they be represented in the game? Does anyone have the historical numbers for these? Should they get their own units? Or just add to the "manpower" limit of the country they volunteered to join?

How should they be "doled out"? A certain number for every conquered country, or area (say, in the case of the Baltic States, or the Ukrain)? Should Diplomacy give access to volunteers from neutral countries (Spannish volunteers, for example), or more volunteers from occupied countries? Should the Allies get access to such volunteers, or just the Axis?

I can't come up with a good opinion on to whether they should even be represented or not, as I don't know how many such folk joined either side. I'm sure they were never organized into organic corps, but then again, neither were "Free" units, but if they existed in corps type numbers, perhaps they should be represented as an abstraction (like the "Free" French).

In my opinion, they served a very minor role in the overall conflict which was dominated by the military of the major powers. Of course there were Spanish volunteers and Polish; however, their impact and numbers was inconseqential when compared to the number of troops from the major powers.

If my memory serves me right(can you say that in english?)these volunteers were mostly individuals and were absorbed by the English army.I think that in SC1 all volunteers and evacuated troops from countries are represented by the 'free french', which would be about correct in numbers but not in timing since you get these 'free' troops in 1939 while most of them only arrived later on.

As for the German volunteers, they're another matter.

A lot of collaborators were organised into corpses by the Germans.

An example from my own country(Belgium) is that a corps of collaborators called 'het Vlaamse legioen' was recruited by the SS and sent to fight at the eastern front.(hell, who wasn't sent to fight at the eastern front in those days?)

I found a site about it but unfortunately it is entirely in dutch. :(

The Flemish Legion.

Grrrr..., I had to switch names because my regular PC just crashed.

This is the way it was according to my sources(a book,that site and my general knowledge about the subject).

The response to the German propaganda was unusually high in Belgium,

In 1940 the NAZI's began to recruit collaborators for the SS.

All the recruits were split up in 2 corpses , the A-corps and the B-corps ,which was called the 'Flandern-Korps'.

in 1941,the first of these recruits were sent to the training camp Debica in Poland to prepare for the eastern front.

In the end some of these recruits chose to join the SS(mostly the aric part of the recruits) the rest was organised into the Flemish legion(or 'het vlaamse legioen') which was sent to the eastern front and was structurized like a German corps(same ranks and divisions).

But because of the many casualties in 1942(Leningrad,Wolchow), the corps was disbanded and absorbed by the SS-Sturmbrigade 'Langemarck'.