Why does the game include upgrade icons for minors when you can't even upgrade them? And yes some shared technology would be reasonable. Surely allies would help each other. Weapons like rockets are completely useless at their base technology level. I'd like a really tough Greece or better Romanian armies. And better Finns too. (They did fight the Soviets to a standstill.)

[ April 27, 2006, 01:55 AM: Message edited by: John Hugo ]

Originally posted by John Hugo:

Why does the game include upgrade icons for minors when you can't even upgrade them? And yes some shared technology would be reasonable. Surely allies would help each other. Weapons like rockets are completely useless at their base technology level. I'd like a really tough Greece or better Romanian armies. And better Finns too. (They did fight the Soviets to a standstill.)

To the best of my knowledge most of the minors really never had a chance to upgrade - after being overrun by Germany what forces they had left were essentially equipped by the Allies and in many respects (in SC2 anyway) are represented by the additional corps the British can raise if they want.

Only Romania and Hungary really made major improvements in equipment and organization as the war progressed. Partly, of course, because their pre-war forces were shattered in Russia and had to be rebuilt with German assistance! I'm not as well read about Finnland - my impression had always been that the Finns got the short end of the stick in equipment, but that the Russians weren't pushing them very hard either until 1944 when it was too late.

One thing for those who are interested,

And,

Convinced by historical imperatives,

That certain Minors DESERVE

Better "equipment,"

Is to go into Editor and CHANGE

The "combat target values"

To match YOUR perception

Of what would be appropriate. smile.gif

IE,

You believe the Finn or Rumanian combat units

SHOULD BE a bit stronger.

Change the SD (... soft defense)

And/or any other category.

Thus,

Finn force would have SA/SD of 3/2

Instead of 3/1.

Therfore better able to "hold the line"

Against intrusive Russia, for instance.

Hungary or Rumania have been "gifted"

Newer anti-tank?

Well,

Simply change the TD (... tank defense)

From 2/1... to 2/2.

IOW, you have INCREASED the defense ability

Against ONLY armor,

Yet, they remain constant insofar

As "offensive Ops" are concerned.

Obviously, then, you can

"Customize" each Minor's land, air or naval

Capabilities. :cool:

[... also, for Majors... for example,

some may suppose that the Italian BB's,

but NOT the newer and better built CA's

should be downgraded WRT to naval attack

or defense, your call]

Of course, for Minors

This "adjustment" would hold true for

The entire war, and not be akin

To the usual "upgrading."

I was looking for a way to upgrade the Canadian units in my game. No way to do so. In WW2 we Canucks were using the same equipment as the British armies, things like Sherman tanks and Spitfire fighters. The equipment we had in the beginning was pitiful, but as the war progressed we equipped our forces with as good equipment as the regular British forces. This should be reflected in the game and although I am not a programmer, I think it should be "doable."

My first post here. This game rocks.