Yep, LR Paras are dangerous - and that´s why it is an elementary rule for survival to always protect capitals in potential range smile.gif

So if you played against a player who knows what he is doing, either Munich or Berlin was occupied anyway and your Paras could have jumped only into imprisonment :D .

Yes, I would have attacked both cities with bombers too, but I wanted the paras to be ready first, of course.

Oh, well, a wasted opportunity that will probably cost me the game, my British and American troops are about to get slaughtered, I think.

You don't need range 5 to take Berlin and Munich, range 4 is enough if you have Sweden (like I did).

But no, that was not the reason why I got to range 4 : I got to range 4 so I could spy alot better with my planes.

The change for an early knock-out was just a bonus.

Originally posted by Terif:

Paratroopers need supply of 7 (+not standing to an enemy unit) to be able to prepare for jump.

Apperently that's not enough... My paratroopers were now at supply 7 and couldn't prepare (in clear weather).

But their strength was only 3, readiness and morale like 20-something. Apperently those have to be above a certain number too :(

Please check again (right click on the Para) if it really has supply 7 and no enemy units are nearby. Other factors like readiness or morale have no influence on its ability to jump. Only if it just jumped you can´t immediately prepare again but have to wait one turn.