Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

I want to bring this issue up (again) because it is a piece of cake to edit weather in the editor now, but nobody else has brought it up or suggested any changes.

Is there any justification, aside from aligning the weather to the variable turn length, for there to be more rain in the spring and fall, vs. the summer? In vanilla we have absolutely no chance of bad weather in summer, while in many European countries summer is the rainiest season. Does a low overcast count as "rain/fog" for the purposes of grounding aircraft (which is the main gameplay effect), and if so are European countries more cloudy in the off-summer seasons?

In my mod, which has constant length turns, I have been tweaking the weather for all zones to increase clear weather (both ground conditions and precip) in the non-summer seasons, while adding a small chance of rain and mud in the summer. Wouldn't this be more interesting-after all many an offensive was put off because of a bad turn in the weather. Several books I've read on the Eastern Front talk about periods of steady downpours in the middle of summer in Russia.

John,

Originally we did have some bad weather possibilities during summer months but they were removed for a couple of reasons.

For one it was found that there was enough weather effects in the game to justifiy a period of 'bad weather' free turns and secondly since most major operations were conducted during (usually) the clearer summer months it was decided to leave the weather out to maximize game play.

One thing I've done with my mod is include more weather zones. France, Germany, and Southern Russia now all have their own zones (as does the Alps-kind of cool to see snow up there while the surrounding zones are mud).

Hubert, as I intimated in my OP, if you decide to go with variable length turns then a clear summer is almost a necessity. But with a guaranteed sunny summer you can plan accordingly and not worry about an inconvenient low pressure system hanging over the front for a week.

OK guys I think its time that we also have some weather effects for supply tracing.

When we get mud, sandstorms, rain, snow, etc clear terrain tiles should go to 2APs for supply tracing. (perhaps it should be editable)

Now with the advent of the road/railway supply tracing of 1AP always, there will be additional emphasis on the transportation network, as it should be.

Of course then, as has been mentioned, Engineers will have the feature of extending the network just like they build fortifications.

Are we all onboard here?