Another noob question

Originally posted by Marty Ward:

Is there a way to adjust how many MMP's you send via convoy?

Major powers can set levels of how much they can send. Go to maps, then choose convoys. You can then click on each nation and set how much they send. US can go from 0-30% to UK, UK can go from 0-40% to USSR. All minor send 100% as there is no reason not to.

I have a noob question.

I am playing my first pbem in WAW.

My opponent is holding the city of Hawbagzi or something like that in Africa with a Italian fighter squadran. I have tried to take it with armor and troops and they do practicaly nothing with no damage caused and I still cant get into the city. How do you take a city from air squadrans? Do you have to bring your own airpower first? Doesnt seem logical.

-Thanks

Originally posted by U8led:

I have a noob question.

I am playing my first pbem in WAW.

My opponent is holding the city of Hawbagzi or something like that in Africa with a Italian fighter squadran. I have tried to take it with armor and troops and they do practicaly nothing with no damage caused and I still cant get into the city. How do you take a city from air squadrans? Do you have to bring your own airpower first? Doesnt seem logical.

-Thanks

I believe you have outrun your supplies. Bring up a HQ.

HQ is present at strenth 8 supply 8 and only a couple spaces from the troops. We already took that other city South west of Hawbagzi and HQ is suppled from it.

Last unit that tried to attack the city was a strenth 6 corps, 6 supply. morale is pretty low though would that be a problem?

I just dont understand a city being held by a air unit.

Air unit has ground support mechanism even though it will not cause you casualties, they will defend.

The air support base is probably entrenched to some degree and they are of higher morale and readiness then your abused forces. :D

You're going to have to get some troops in there with a little resolve to tackle those improved positions around the airfields.

Otherwise those lazy a..holes you have abused will issue you a one fingered salute when you give them orders to attack. Better get in there and show them some support, else they will never take the place. ;)

Ok, I guess that makes sense.

Thanks for the answer.

I was starting to sense that ground units had no effect against airfields if they are located in a city tile.

My units have indeed been abused, wondering around the dessert (my first game) finding out the hard way that villiage south of Hawbagzi had no supply effect on the HQ. Good thing we stumbled into the other city to the West and they gave us the keys. Oh yea killed a few Italian troops in our stumbles.