expectations???

Just a quick repsponce to what your expectations are from this game.

Mine are a notch above SC1,well lets say two notches,i found SC1 become to one dimensional after awhile and limiting in the strategic options,but still a good fun game but short shelf life after first purchased.

Im expecting abit more complexity and with the mods alot longer shelf life and more fun

Well for me SC1 has a long shelf life. If it would be simple there wouldn´t be though few real top players.

Hopefully not to much micromanagement with endless opponents turns. More balanced. Less things like surprise DOWS on minors and mayor natiosn. More varitiety in game play.

Hopefully we can expect a better strategic game...the AI in SC1 is pretty uneventful, Axis or Allied. Nothing more frustrating when playing Allied to sell off Fr. air and HQ, buy tons of Fr. Corps, line these up on Fr-Ger border, then watch the 'vaunted' Axis AI bang their heads against the Fr. line for the rest of the game....boring! It's even worse after a Dutch Gambit!

Anyways, a better AI would be a start, but more strategic options without any easy 'win' plays would be useful as well...maybe I'll go back to PG II for a while...some of the user-made scenarios there are truly difficult. :(

SC1 was good and SC2 will be great. I am especially looking forward to an improved AI.

One that will try more than one strategy, perhaps even, as Augusus said, selling off the Frence AIR and naval units to buy tons of French corps, a human strategy that the AI never copies.

Of course, my demands for an improved AI might be why the game is delayed.

The key to making SC retain a healthy shelf life, is breaking free from dependence on playing it solo against the AI.

Sure playing against others online is cool, but it is also not nearly as fast as playing hotseat against yourself.

Because, then your strategies have to become near perfection.

And let's face it, who else is capable of being the hardest opponent better than yourself?

You know al your best moves after all (not to mention how you can be an insufferable cheat against yourself smile.gif ).

SC2 for me will be essentially some design glitches cleaned up, a spiffy editor that will open considerable leg room, and everything else is just cream.