Russian AI defensive pockets

I'm still in my first SC2 game, using the Thrawn mod. Deep into the Russian campaign. Have taken Leningrad and Moscow, the Russian capital has moved to Stalingrad.

Seems that the Russian AI is totally centered around cities. There is no continuous front-line, per se. So I can pretty much ignore any territory between cities - no threats. Thus there are huge gaps in my own frontline, with most of my forces concentrated around the Russian pockets in the cities.

My question is: is this because the Russian AI is dealing with too few units right now to make a front line, or is it just the way the AI works?

The Russin AI is worst of all. If refuses to take advantage of ANY and ALL chances to encircle or destroy targets of opportunity. I have literally tried to hand them a Stalingrad just to try and make the game interesting and found AI totally lacks the concept of encirclement. Without this it cannot win. Even if you delete half of your own units you will beat the AI in Russia because it not only sucks at offense, but the defence of stacking around cities does little more then save you time by letting you know where all his units are so you can destroy them.

Even with 5 strong units defending a single city, the vastness of Russia and the large gaps between cities allow you to EASILY pincer those units and the city off, basicly putting them all to waste.

Yes, the AI is not up to the task yet in Russia. It has a problem with prioritising, taking advantage of weaknesses and where to defend.

The only fun games at the moment against the AI is to see how soon you can get a victory. It's too bad you don't get a score anymore :(