Early Barabarossa - advantages?

I was toying with this ideea:

Germany acts a little more aggressive during the quiet period, gets some minors (200+ plunders per country - ex. Sweden), build the units so as to be ready as late as april or maybe march 41 and DOW USSR.

Probably the allied player will heavily invest in IT/PT and weapons first, buying units so as to be ready past June 41, maybe even autumn 41.Thus the germans may have several months of clear weather and lighter resistance, maybe managing to push further in Russia, capturing more resources and limiting Russia's after activation economic potential. I am thinking about a very strong action aimed in the south, Rostov-Stalingrad, cutting off the Caucasus.

What do you guys think ?

Hm i dont have the game yet but i think that in SC 2 as axis player you have to decide weather to push in the north or south as both is hardly possible. With most of the goodies i would rather heavily defend the south but the north as allied player.

But as your early attack will surprise some guys others will be prepared...i think this alsway will depend from your opponent and from your opponent skills and if your opponent will know your gameplay ;)

Another thing...is it really worth to DOW russia? I see no sense for that anymore as there is no surprise effect anymore....and ....how much is the increase of the USA readyness?

I think if you have all units upgraded and ready to start in march 41, it is a very good strategy... since there is a weather effect, one needs to carefully adjust the exact time to mount an assault... if you capture the Line Riga-Odessa, destroy their offense units and then go for the south path (fortify the north?), you might have good success, esp. when you are active in the Middle East... good alternative if the Egypt campaign goes well for the axis.

The southern approach is one of the least defensible all the way to Stalingrad area. If you can break past the river running from Rostov to Stalingrad, bypass Stalingrad and gun for the Caucasus you may have a chance. If you can at least grab some of them and force them to be destroyed, sacrifice a couple units, you at least hamper their economy for awhile.

It's still risky though. Your center and north armies will likely be slow going, and unless you commit your air, Leningrad probably won't fall. If you fail in the south and get bogged down you may be in danger of getting cut off completely. Worth a shot though, especially if your opponent doesn't properly prepare for it.