was wondering if this could be added because when i play sc1 i sometimes have 2 units next to each other and for some reason they ended that way but I want them to swith spots on there next turn. so you click one unit then click the unit you want to swop with and they use up there movement.

This might be possible, but the problem is that the code only handles active units one at a time. If you swap an active unit with another unit that has not moved yet, you would probably lose that other unit's combat availability. Maybe that's OK?

For SC2, please understand there is a new feature that allows units to attack first and then move. This works very well. It is now possible to attack and get a unit out of the way, and then move in another unit for a subsequent attack. In close terrain like Benelux or Italy, this makes a difference. So, with this new feature you may not need a swap move.

Bill, was there any thought for allowing a unit to move more than once per turn? For example, in SC1 if a unit could move 5 hexes, and you commit to only moving one hex, that was all you were able to do.... I felt that was too restrictive when you consider that an infantry unit uses up all 4 action points whether it moves 1 hex or 5....if you have the ability to go back to a unit to complete a move, in effect using the remaining action points, that would make for interesting gameplay choices. This would allow swapping since you could go back to a unit.

The issue is that Hubert set out with his game design for both SC1 and SC2 based on the old Panzer General model. So it's like battlefield chess. No stacking, single unit moves, etc. That is both fascinating and frustrating, ya know? It does compel a player to orchestrate his moves and attacks in a certain optimal sequence, whatever that may be given the circumstances. In the end, it provides for some very rich gameplay.

We did get this new attack-move feature added. This changes the game dynamics just enough that you'll see some postive changes to gameplay.

Originally posted by J P Wagner:

In Panzer General, IIRC you can go back to units which did not move their max amount of hexes and complete the move if so desired...just alittle "pain in the ass" quibbling on my part.... ;)

That would have been PG I for nothing like that was in PG 2...

Originally posted by Retributar:

How interesting that some still mention "Panzer General II" ... I still play it after all these years...there is no end to New MODS_CAMPAIGNS_SCENARIOS_MAPS_EQUIPMENT PACKAGES...etc!.

I still play it too and I consider it the last of the line of 4 good games (PG, PG2, Allied, and Pacific) as I never warmed up to the last few releases in the series...