Seeing forts in country problem

My friend Matt pointed out ot me (were playing a game with engineers added 1 to germany and italy, 2 to Russaia, 1 paratrooper to england and USA). So anyway he pointed out that we could see each others forts when the country is neutral or active that its weird to see it especcialy when we should not see it yet. I understand if we se it once like the siegfried line and we know its there, well these have never been seen yet.... so whats up?

i guess from spies but air planes would not be able to see them far back in russia would they? I understand if they made the sight of them the opposite of subs were they give of there location so it its 6 spots away and plane can see 5 they yo would spot it because its big?

I think this is an engine limitation, basically you can see other fortifications (Gibraltar and Malta) all the time, I think it is coded the same way for all of them.

Maybe it is easy to fix and maybe I'm out to lunch on my thought. But I agree it should be like units for spotting them.

I think they should be visible. If you build them far behind your lines then unless your opponent is busy scouring the map for them then they'll remain a surprise for a while longer. And what if he does seem them? He can't do anything about them being there, so don't worry.

In addition, just because you build forts doesn't mean that you have to fight there. Use them to blind your opponent into believing that you have entrenched units on them far behind your lines, while you are really building up your strength for a counter attack somewhere else. Use your imagination and the fact that they can be seen can be used to your advantage.