MG42 Jam Frequency

Hi all,

I have searched about a bit on the forums but haven't been able to find anything regarding the frequency that the support MG's in the game jam. The reason I'm interested is that in my last game, an MG42 HMG unit I was firing spent 4 turns jammed and then sorted itself out. Unfortuantely, it then decided to jam again during the next turn putting it out of action for almost 5 more turns. The result, one part of my flank fire defence was seriously weakened.

Does anyone know if there is a percentage chance of jamming for the various Support MG's and whether this chance is affected by being in range of an HQ? Also, if being in range of an HQ does affect jamming rate, if any particular command bonuses affect the chance of jamming?

Also, what determins how long the jam is in effect for?

Am I just unlucky?

Many thanks,

J.

Slightly OT - It has always bugged me that the Vickers jams as frequently as it does in CMBO, I now expect a jam every 10 turns which is strange as the Vickers has been shown to be a very reliable weapon.

From www.firstworldwar.com:

As a measure of the effectiveness and reliability of the weapon, during the British attack upon High Wood on 24 August 1916 it is estimated that ten Vickers fired in excess of one million rounds over a twelve hour period.

Im hoping that CMAK has this fixed so reliability is taken into account, at least between HMG's. However I suspect this is something which will have to wait for the CM engine rewrite.

many people have pointed out various flaws w/the machine guns in bo, many of which are fixed in b2b.

historically the mg34 and 42 needed there barrels switched pretty often do to it remarkable high rate of fire which could be modeled as a JAM. also if some of your maching gun team are dead/wounded then the jam rate goes up.

it sounds like you got unlucky but sometime the dices (or results generator) just abandon you. better luck next time.

todd