Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Beta Testers -- Stop Harrassing Them !!

I'm not getting worked up and I'm not a bleeding heart. Just stating a fact. For a lot of us games like this are a pastime and we don't want it to be anything else -- for us personally, of course. It's fine that some people play it competitively, but it shouldn't become abusive when the others put up posts.

That's what happened at SC over the course of time.

Even the bleeding heart remark, what does that mean? It doesn't make sense.

I'm not complaining -- I love SC-1, it would be weird if I'd made 6+ thousand posts and didn't!

What I'm saying is I understand Wagner's earlier remark, the place did get to a point where a lot of people who don't play competively felt bulldozed, that's all. It was said, and I agree. I'm not pointing a finger at anyone or any group of people. It's inevitable, when a game becomes competitive people group according to whether or not they're into the competitive aspect of things.

In chess tournaments it's like a caste system and, when I played a lot, I was as guilty as anyone else.

Hopefully, down the road at SC-2, things won't develop quite that way.

Okay? I don't see anything confrontational in any of that.

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

@Sir Jersey --- You are correct & have been understood. There was a mob mentally driven by competition over SC-1. What lies in store for SC-2 is yet to be in store. I'm sure there will be tons of games played, leagues, etc.

Dammit, you're getting soft man. Pathetic to see you bully the non competitors and then back out. Either you smack or you don't.

"Should I stay or should I go" / The Clash

Originally posted by Kuniworth:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

@Sir Jersey --- You are correct & have been understood. There was a mob mentally driven by competition over SC-1. What lies in store for SC-2 is yet to be in store. I'm sure there will be tons of games played, leagues, etc.

Dammit, you're getting soft man. Pathetic to see you bully the non competitors and then back out. Either you smack or you don't.

"Should I stay or should I go" / The Clash </font>

Originally posted by J P Wagner:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kuniworth:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

"Should I stay or should I go" / The Clash </font>

Gentlemen...Gentlemen....surely most of you realize that this community is/has been all about Beta testing. Its the same as life, some contributions are more important than others, some go unrecognized but none the less are significant contributions. Some contribute more with a lesser impact if taken solely, but as a conglomerate acutely important.

It is trivial to examine how we got here and where we're going in a negative environment,we already know we will succeed, the past is our legacy.

So let us wait until the game is out and we will raise it to a higher standard, just as before, all in our own way, but successfully together.

Now the really important thing is that we'll all have a great time doing it, and we will learn and evolve to something better......

Well maybe everyone.... except Kuni tongue.gif

Comrade,

True, SeaMonkey's post is up there with the great works. But for sheer eloquence I think Liam has the final word here. smile.gif

Originally posted by Liam:

... SO much to do so much to learn... this game will have lots of playability... We will tweak it like a Whores Nipple till she screams her heart out tongue.gif these guys are just fondling the asscheeks beneath the pants ! tongue.gif

... Gameyness must be eradicated ;) some of it anyways, SC2 should be HardCore...

They are still cracked mentally from years ago when I had to clean out the hornet's nest...
LOLOLOL :D

Kinda like them high-school car-clubs, eh?

We had them

Down here in Desert City, very much

As you saw in that Lucas movie,

American Graffiti.

One guy had this old Hudson Hornet.

Souped and shined and

It would whine through the gears,

Must be the sort of hornets yer speakin' of?

Anyway,

Out on Route 66 - under them high bright stars,

He'd wind it up - and blow it out

And FINALLY shift into 4th gear,

At 100 MPH.

No cops around then, they knew

That certain rubber-burnt parts

Of Route 66 was... OURS. ;)

OK, so there we got the Hornets.

What was yer club?

Let's see... the Tractor Haulers?

So to haul huge spot-lights for when

The pretty celebrities came to town?

Bob Hope twiddling his golf club,

Doing USO?

In places you've NEVER been?

Like Iwo, Inchon, or Saigon?

LOLOLOL! smile.gif

Dave,

:D Excellent.

As one hornet to another, if this forum met in real space instead of a hyper area, I'd spend most of my time looking around for shooters.

Sure it's a less than rational thing to say, but what the hell, I'm still in meltdown. ;)

CT...great that you have been touched, by the hand that JJR referred to once as See Monkey Spank. Hope you didn't receive any gooey substance.

Right you are JJ, could never hold a candle to Liam's depth of insight.

I denote a jovial return of perspective here. No doubt due to SC2's imminent release. How fitting that it should be in the holiday season.

"The happy wars are near"....Roger Daltry, the Who, from "Baba Oreilly".

[ November 03, 2005, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: SeaMonkey ]