Influencing historically neutral countries to join one side.

I'm sure the chance of having Spain join as in SC will be there.

But since this is about rewriting history. Why not have it that you can try and influence countries to join your side, without DoW on them?

You simply make that you have the option to give MPPs to a country and this gives you a % of them joining you. The more MPPs you give the better your chances. As well this % would go up if you continue to give every turn.

Also, should that country join the MPPs spent would be made available to THAT country.

Or say spend MPPs to delay USSR DoW on Axis.

Of course it could not be a high %, well maybe if you give Spain 1000 MPPs one turn and 200+ for 5-6 turns that would help ;) . As well the % should vary by country some you should have NO chance. Canada, USA, Norway, Denmark, LC would never join Axis. Hungary, Bulgaria and Romania no chance of joining Allies

Wont the 'diplomatic chits', or whatever they are called, be used for just that? Perhaps one might be able to purchase extra (beyond what each major power will get per turn?)'diplomatic chits'? There should be some limit though, other than emptying the coffers for a massive bribe...

Right, diplomacy chits will change the join chances. In fact, leanings may change in either direction so that Spain or any other neutral could enter on the Axis or Allied side. I'm curious to see how all the combinations of political triggers, diplomacy, and events play out together. Expect more flexibility, that's for sure. For now, it's just too soon to say how all this will work.

Some countries can join Axis or Allies dependingon what the world situation is. If you declare war on Portugal, there's a chance that Spain will declare war on either Axis or Allies. I've also seen Low Countries declare war on Allies, and try to invade France.

Originally posted by Raven25:

Some countries can join Axis or Allies dependingon what the world situation is. If you declare war on Portugal, there's a chance that Spain will declare war on either Axis or Allies. I've also seen Low Countries declare war on Allies, and try to invade France.

In SC? Or are you beta testing SC2?

Originally posted by pzgndr:

Right, diplomacy chits will change the join chances. In fact, leanings may change in either direction so that Spain or any other neutral could enter on the Axis or Allied side. I'm curious to see how all the combinations of political triggers, diplomacy, and events play out together.

It would be interesting if the AI player received bonus Diplomacy Chits based on the AI level. Say zero chits at Intermediate, 1 bonus chit at Expert level AI and 2 bonus chits at Genius level AI.

A scenario mod can always give the AI side more research chits or diplomacy chits, or extra units, etc. SC1 did adjust various % effects based on AI level, so I would expect something similar to apply to diplomatic results in SC2. ;)

Here's an idea for an AI editor - AI Bonuses at each level;

For example in the AI Editor allow for -

Beginner - 0 Tech Chits, 0 Diplo Chits, Ultra 0%, Ultra Research No, Ultra Garrison No

Intermediate - 2 Tech Chits, 1 Diplo Chit, Ultra Navy 5%, Spotting +0, Ultra Research Yes, Ultra Garrison No

Expert - 4 Tech Chits, 2 Diplo Chits, Ultra Navy 10%, Spotting +1, Ultra Research Yes, Ultra Garrison Yes

Tech Chits - is a bonus number of unallocated Tech chits given to the AI player

Diplo Chits - is a bonus number of Diplomatic chits given to the AI player

Ultra Navy is a chance per turn to see the location of all enemy Naval Units for that one turn. Reflect the effects of the enemy intercepting and decoding radio transmissions.

Ultra Research Yes allows the AI to see its opponent's Tech levels and research allocations.

Ultra Garrison - Allows the AI to know if any enemy units are in a country. Example - the AI would know if No Enemy units are in Italy or Canada or Egypt.

Spotting is a bonus given to the Spotting Range of AI units.

[ June 09, 2004, 10:19 AM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]