Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Vodoo 5 5500 and the ESC key

Aatten

I have seen several other people mention that if u hit the escape key and minimize the program the graphics get garbled. I too have this problem with the game. Has anybody found a work around for this. I have dl both the latest release driver and beta for the card and the problem still happens. I really need to be able to minimize the window for a number of reason.

Thanks for any help

I have tried a few things and nothing seems to work. If you save the game before you min. then you can reload the game without the fuzzy text. That is a very bad solution, but the only one I could figure out. Guess you will just have to sit down and play the game without other program distractions. (Or are you hiding it from the Boss :)))

It is a driver issue (though other games may not do this). For some reason the textures probably aren't getting loaded/painted correctly when you maximize the screen again.

Depending on your machine you may want to adjust your "AGP Aperture" (or called "Graphics Aperture Size") in your CMOS/BIOS setup. Possibly reducing this setting (the default is 64Mb) might affect your problem. But it is more than likely a driver issue. It's possible that CM could force the card to redraw the screen in a different way than what Windows requires for maximizing the screen, but I have no idea if this would be worth considering (due to the additional possible problems that may be presented by adding this code).

People have reported that the problem is due to enabling FSAA. If you go to the 3dfx control panel and set the card to use one VSA chip (i.e., no FSAA), then that should work. I however am willing to live with the garbled text so that I can have 4x FSAA.

I agree though, it is slightly annoying having to save, quit, do what you gotta do in Windows (like unzip the latest PBEM file you just got), then get back into the game.

------------------

Jeff Abbott

WinKey Killer (current version 1.7), will allow you to null the offending key, or key combinations in any game. Like the Windows key that causes some games to drop to desktop. Anyway, you can tell it which keys or combinations to null out. Check it out at: http://home.plutonium.net/~bjackson

------------------

"Mer zuerst schiesst hat mehr von Leben"

Bruno