Need help with egypt...

I have played many games as the axis in SC2,

I have no undue problems with taking UK, USSR, or partically every minor on the map, but I am not able to to take egpyt other than using lvl 5 tanks after USSR falls.

Could someone please explain a way to do this besides using extreme force or a way to do it after france falls.

One way is to have an Italian force approaching from Tobruk (drawing the 8th armour + corp towards them) then get a german hq + 3 good units loaded into amphibs, use an amphib italian corp (from tobruk or even albania/greece depending on things) to take suez, and use your german force to land at cairo and take it asap. hopefully there is just 1 corp in the city but sometimes they have 2 down there, italian navy can be very useful in reducing entrenchment here.

Once you have the port your german units have supply and you have the uk in/around alexandria pretty much surrounded. You can bombard the port at alexandria down to screw up their supply if you want or just wear them down with your superior numbers and good units.

Before they enter the war, I let the Italians buy a tank and a HQ. I then transfer Italian HQ, tank, Airfleet and an Army to Lybia. Together with the navy, they can take Egypt. However, I often nevertheless need to transfer a German HQ, paratroopers and Airfleet (actually the forces I use to take Greece).

Egypt is indeed a pain, I think that against a person it would be next to impossible.

Against the AI, I first take Malta (attacking with all four airplanes gts it killed sooner or later) and destroy the Royal Navy in Egypt. Then I move those airplanes to North Africa : with 4 planes and the Navy attacking, there is nothing that survives there !