Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Event Editor Wish List

"Advanced event engine that will allow players to script/create custom events like troop transfers, supply, territorial surrender and annexation rules"

1. IF UK Surrenders THEN 5% Turkey Annexes Vichy Syria, Neutral Iraq, and UK Egypt, 20% Turkey Annexes Vichy Syria and Neutral Iraq. (Effectively prevents the Axis from gaining Iraqi Oil and balances the game)

2. IF Axis DOW Switzerland THEN 10% Spain joins Allies. (A reason not to attack Switzerland)

3. IF AXIS DOW Vichy France and Axis DOW Sweden Then 10% Spain joins Allies. (A small penalty for being overly aggressive)

4. IF France Surrenders THEN 10% Turkey Annexes Syria. (Changes the map a little and makes it harder for both sides to take Iraq).

5. IF Italy DOW France then 100% French Corps in Beruit Moves to Suez Hex XX,XX. (prevents loss of French Corps when Paris Surrenders)

6. IF Axis DOW Romania AND Axis DOW Hungary THEN 5% Turkey Annexes Bulgaria. (Bulgaria joins Turkey to protect itself from Germany, happens only 1 in 20 games)

7. IF NO Units in Libya AND Turkey Controls Egypt THEN 25% Turkey Annexes Libya. (A very rare event that changes the map and weakens Italy)

8. IF Denmark Surrenders THEN 2% Popup - Governments of Norway and Sweden signed a Mutual Defense Treaty. (happens only 1 in 50 games, just enough to be a surprise)

9. IF Axis DOW Norway and Event 8 = True THEN Sweden DOW Axis.

No I have not, but thanks, I have will look at the Designer Forums for this (http://www.tdg.nu/) when I have free time.

TOAW stands for the Operational Art of War, an old Talonsoft game.

--------------------

In my mind there are several types of events;

1. Political/Strategic - are based on the actions of the players and which nations have been attacked and conquered.

2. Tactical

3. Decision Events - where the player must make a decision or decide from several choices presented. Spain requests Arms with which to field an extra corps. Does the UK give Spain the equipment. Yes/No. If yes then Spain gains 1 Extra Corps and UK spends 75MPP.

4. Random Events - Example: Location of randomly selected Axis HQ is spotted due to interception of radio traffic.

5. Chrome Events - No effect on game - Example: Death of FDR at specific date or Queen of Belguim escapes to London when Low Countries Surrender.

A key element is that you may not want a specific event to occur all the time. Perhaps 1 in 20 games, 1 in 100 games or 1 in 1 games.

[ April 16, 2004, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]