Originally posted by well-dressed gentleman:

and didn't the Russians have exploding dogs that were sent against panzers?

Soviet dog mines. Fairly good in theory, explosive pack on the back of a dog detonated by a rod that was pushed back when the dog dived under a German tank. In practice, the dogs (who were trained by placing food under Soviet tanks) tended to make a beeline to the familiar smells and sounds of the Soviet tanks. The program was cancelled very quickly.

(I suppose you could simulate that one by having Russian tank units randomly lose a strength point once and a while. ;) )

--

"Where are the animals of SC-2?"

rhino.jpg

Rhine-O-Saurus: Natural habitat east bank of the Rhine River. Fierce and aggressive, it ventures across to the west bank from time and needs to be herded back again. It worries about what it's missing in the lands of the Free-Frogs to the west, and the Burly-Bears farther east.

I'll tell you where the animals are. They're some of the posters on this site. No names, but they know who they are.

Panzer General 2 had the ability to upgrade infantry to cavalary and I always upgraded a couple infantry units to cav so they could swiftly follow the tanks and other motorized units. Very handy in that game.