'Peacefull' acuisition of Vichy France

Guest Mike

Yeah but it keeps it a seperate country, whereas it was actually occupied by Germany.

I'm not a script-nerd, but I wonder if there's a possibility of modifying the formation of Vichy according to how much of France is occupied?

I ad a case last night where France held out 2 turns after Paris was captured (playing 100% +1.5), italy captured Marseilles and the Germans all but captured Brest (failed by 1 action point!)

Would Vichy have been formed if the Axis had actually over-run more of the country before surrender?

I was surprised that when the Allies invaded and liberated France, that liberation did not include Vichy. I then had to declare war and invade to unite the country. Stranger still, when I took Marsailles the capital relocated to Africa.

In my mind if the Allies recapture Paris and liberate France, Vichy should unite even if it was never attacked.

Guest Mike

The first part is actually kind of believable - if Vichy had survived that long - they hated the "Free French" and vice versa, and there would have had to have been some serious negotiations to reunite France.

The Vichy govt might indeed have laid claim to being the lawful Govt of France and trid to relocate to Paris even??

the 2nd part is similarly believable - if Vichy is invaded by the allies then they aren't just going to roll over & pretend they have been friends all along - and any govt in exile isn't likely to last very long.

Probably what should happen is there's a chance of Vichy and the rest of France reuniting every turn after Paris is liberated - maybe 25% or something like that - it's all fantasy of course...depends how yo want to define your French history! :D