I would like to see in the next patch something done about anti-aircraft fire, comments about planes being too powerful are valid in my opinion and I believe that a change in the AA would be a major help. Investing in AA units and building up their firepower is not a good investment when they only can fire only once a round, allow them to fire everytime when a defending unit is within their range or to protect themselves each time, I believe the attacker might think twice before committing other attacks over and over against the same unit, I know you can say the same thing about ships, artillery and other units but I believe this would curtail some of the damage done by high graded and very experienced planes, also I dont know if this is deliberate or a bug but when I have artillery in a coastal city hex of France and the allies land during an amphibious operation and they attack another unit or the artillery unit itself there is no return fire or preventive fire from the artillery piece.

Willy

Thats would be very good.

In WAW the planes are too powerful and kill now the game fun.

e.G 1943 German take Stalingrad.

1 HQ with 3 Army + Corps in Caucasus ready to defend.

HQ fully enterchend in a City. Boom Boom Boom. 3 Strikes HQ down. Caucausus lost. no chance without HQ.

1) make AA fire every turn

2) Allow units to upgradeable to do more dmg to air

Air isn't as powerful as it used to be. As Russia, don't completely ignore your fighters. You don't need tac bombers, but you can upgrade your fighters and buy and extra 1 or 2. That, along with some AA can help stall Axis air power. I'd also highly recommend that you don't defend cities with an HQ unit. They are vulnerable to every kind of attack. In a key city like Stalingrad you should have an Army or Tank unit defending.

I'm on the fence about having AA guns fire more than once per turn. Logically it makes sense, but they would do an insane amount of damage once you get them to level 2 or higher. Right now they are very cheap to produce too. If they can fire more than once a turn they would need to be a costlier unit, as they'd in turn either negate air attacks in areas altogether (to avoid taking damage) or they'd cause too much MPP worth of damage. Completely stifling Axis air should not be an easy task.

[ January 01, 2008, 07:52 AM: Message edited by: Timskorn ]