I am fairly new to SC2 and so would appreciate some help.

When playing as the Axis against the AI what is considered the best use of your resources early in the game ie what techs are the best to research, is it worth using mpps in diplomacy, if so then where, or should you just try and max your units in preparation for the fight with Russia?

Thanks for any insight you can give me.

It all depends on what strategey you want to use.Diplomacy can work but there is always the luck factor.I find the funnest way is to use the MIGHT IS RIGHT approch.There are so many different options open(which makes this such a good game)that there are many different ways to use your tech.I think if you plan on making russia your main target then inf.and armour.tech are the most important.I like to have mobility(its quite costly to upgrade all your units especially russia)so you can suprise the russians with quick attacks and possibly catch their H.Q.s.Your best bet is trial and error.I also find its best to max your tech.out in the areas you think your enemy will be weak so you can really clobber him.

I personnally like Industrial and Production Tech. I find the increase in funds and reduction in costs to be very benefical in the long run.

Diplomacy is pretty iffy. Grabbing Spain is great as the Axis but costly; so difficult. Depends on strategy.

I have found simply producing units without techs to be too expensive and not that much better then doing it with tech.

This game is so much strategy and deciding your long term objectives. It is very difficult because one man's plan will simply not work for another.

Jim

All what is said is correct, I think that the most valuable investments for Germany is Long range Air with Infantry Weapons.

Long Range air lets you attack a lot of far away targets plus precision targets......and keep your air safe away from possible land counterattack. Infantry Weapons allows Germany to kill most of her enemies early. AntiTank is just a plus along with heavy tanks......those two are second to the first two

Along with AntiAir, Advanced Subs and Industrial Tech all can be good... Especially over a VERY long game as those are goody techs that will payoff in 1945 sometimes or '46, do the math