I maybe wrong but don't paratroops have to be non-adjacent to enemy units if they want to drop. What I'm attempting to say is they can't prepare while adjacent to enemy units correct?

Also can they drop next to an enemy unit on 1 turn engage in combat and then drop away the next turn?

Thanks

1. Correct.

2. No.

To prepare, paras need to be (a) not adjacent to an enemy unit and (B) supply >=7. They also need to have not just jumped that go (i.e. no more jump, prepare, jump as in 1.04).

Once prepared, I believe that the supply level of the paras is unimportant. EDIT: Just checked this and what TaoJah said about adjacent enemies. Neither rule is checked before a drop; only when the paras try to prepare.

They can have moved/upgraded/reinforced and still prepare in that turn if those conditions are met.

When paras drop, they get 1 MP. They can move and attack as normal. Note that they are likely to take extra damage if you drop on anything that isn't a clear square, so the only time you should be dropping on a city is if you know/suspect that the enemy has 2 or more units adjacent to it (as you've only got 1 MP).

In your example you can prepare next turn (and then jump the following turn) as long as you're in supply 7+ and as long as you can move somewhere where there isn't an enemy adjacent to you. Unlikely to see that in a game though smile.gif .

[ May 11, 2007, 01:36 AM: Message edited by: Bromley ]