Explain this supply situation

explainthswn3.th.jpg

On my opps prev turn, this paratroop flies into jordan and gets next to amman. He is 8 spaces from the closest HQ - no cities close. Supply should be zero, which it is. On the turn after this, the paratroop flies over to beirut and captures the city. How can a zero supply paratroop fly 4 spaces?

That should not happen.

1- He lands.

2- turn 2 he has to prepare to "fly".

a) You need a supply of seven to do so.

B) You can't prepare with an enemy unit next to you.

And

c) You said the next turn, which means he never even prepare and yet managed to "fly".

That is not right, it looks as if he kept his action points, something is wrong.

It should NOT happen.

In version 1.02 Paratroopers can in deed always prepare immediately after their jump again as long as they didn´t attack an enemy unit and only moved. Since they start with supply 10 after each jump, they can do city hoping if they want to - every turn the next jump :D

If this is not intended it is something for Huberts patch list smile.gif .

Actually the screen shot shows a supply of zero.

Here is a better description of the events:

Axis turn A: paratroop drops into desert and moves one space towards Amman. No allied units in Amman at that time. Had a supply 9 so prepared to fly again (which i think is not good).

Allied turn A: Op move a unit to amman, which is next to paratroop. Dont worry about it because it should have a supply of zero - which the screen shot confirms (even though i didnt move that tank group to it until a later reload).

Axis turn b: paratroop flies into Beirut

So it never prepared when it was next to a unit - although it did take off being next to a unit.

Yep, something for the next patch smile.gif .

ATM the rule is simple: if a Paratrooper jumps and uses his 1 AP to move (i.e. no combat), then it can immediately prepare again for the next jump and it doesn´t matter if an enemy unit is nearby.

During the axis turn it always has supply 10 after a jump, at the allied turn supply is recalculated and therefore lower, but then the Para is already preparing.