Here is my list of the top four features that I would like to see added to SC2:

1st. Friendly air units shield friendly units from being spotted by enemy air.

2nd. Generic Naval HQ Unit that benefits Naval Units.

3rd. Increase maximum number of major nations and minor nations.

4th. Independent Active Neutrals Option. Neutral nations (ie Spain and Turkey) with a Defensive AI allowing them to to attack, build, entrench and move (only within their borders) units on their own without being controlled by the Axis or Allies unless they join the Axis or Allies.

Whynot go one step farther and have Turkey go on it's own Campaign to regain territories it lost in WW1...the same as Germany was doing?.

Im not up on Turkish History...but from watching Lawrence Of Arabia...i believe that they suffered territorial reverses during the time period of WW1.

This way we can have an Independent AI player doing its own thing for its own interest's. It can still be persuaded to join a Major Player as the game goes on...especially if Threatened by Russia or some other some other major force.

At the point of joining or Allying with a Major Player...it would work in-lock-step [Meaning that now YOU Control Turkey's Forces] with the Controlling countries wishes. If the Turks take or already own an important Oil-Field / Resource Territory...the Major Power who is allied with them could get Half of the MPP's or whatever %....through negotiation or by passing on new-technology to the new partner...so that having Turkey In control of that territory wouldn't be such a loss!.

Also likewise for Spain...Spain could expand its territories in North Africa...and down the continent or wherever in Afrika.

Italy could do the same except that it would more closely follow what it actually did historically.

I would like to see some indepent action from AI players...it would make for a most interesting game!.

[ July 11, 2004, 04:44 AM: Message edited by: Retributar ]

Another thing...the menu in SC1 takes up way too much of the screen. The menus for game playing could have been reduced by about 75% at least to free up more monitor room for viewing the map!.

I hope this will be improved upon in SC2!. INFACT!!!... the menu should not show on the screen at all...to get the menu for game playing one would just need to move the mouse pointer outside of the the scrolling border perimeter to call up the Menu-Screen. Please, if you can, implement this feature!.

----------------

A Harbour should not prevent a Cruiser or BattleShip from being able to bombard a land-hex...this too need's to be corrected. In SC1 you cannot Bombard a land unit that hides behind an Anchor-Symbol!.

Historically...Shore-Bombardment for all intent's and purposes did not destroy Armies or Corp's...so they should not be too powerful for that purpose. What it should do instead is to destabalize or disrupt the Bombarded-Land-Unit...so that when an attacking air-unit attacks or when the Amphibious forces land ashore,...assaulting or attacking the enemy land unit will not be as costly. So if a Land Unit is Entrenched...then some of it's Entrenchment will be reduced...and perhap's its ability to offer Returning Fire would also be reduced for a turn!.

------

Replacements

When units are reduced to as for example from a strength of 8 to a strength of 1...it should not be able to recover back to 8 in a 2-week period of time...unless there is a direct line of communication back to the home country or Capital!.

For example...in the game im playing the Italians are pounding a British unit down to 1...and the Mediterranean is sealed off from a direct line of communication to Britain...yet, this British Unit is manufacturing replacement troops out of thin-air...and recovering to 100% strength turn by turn by turn...this is rediculous!.

[ July 11, 2004, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: Retributar ]

In Eastern Europe?you mean Arabia.

They already lost all of their territories in Eastern Europe during the balkan wars(excluding Istanbul).

after WW1 they lost Iraq, Syria, and Saudi-Arabia.

the two Balkan wars

Balkan war against Turkey.

Of course, if you were already talking about these wars I'm sorry but I just want to make sure nobdy thinks they lost these territories during WW1

1.more functions for units.

e.g.:-hunt mode/run silent mode for subs(already included)

-Intercept mode/anti-recon mode/.. for air fleets.

-Sub hunt mode/block mode(to recreate the continental bloccade of Napoleon or the naval economic bloccade of Germany in WW1)/.. for naval units.

-and many more if it was up to me ;)

2.increased maximum number of minor and major countries.

3.The diplomatic options to propose a peace treaty and give/receive an ultimatum from/to neutrals

4.option to name your own HQ's and/or promote them.