Siberian Transfer problem

In my current game my opponent attacked USSR in 1940. Avoiding triggers for Siberian transfer he managed to advance with German units DEEP in USSR territory. Don't you think that this is too gamey? I mean - if player know triggers he can freely occupied 90% of USSR territory because USSR is too weak at this point. Also, this is not realistic – don’t you think that in real life Stalin will call Siberian reinforce much sooner if Germany attacked him sooner?

Siberians will be triggered by every city east of the line Leningrad-Smolensk-Kharkov (and that´s perhaps 1/3 of the country - not 90% ;) , + the lost ressources will be moved to Ural.. ). This is the maximum Axis can advance before Siberians are triggered. Chance is 40% they arrive each halve turn, this can delay them a bit but triggers can´t be avoided if Axis advances deeper than that into Russia.

Axis attacking Russia already 1940...works perhaps against the AI, but for any human allied player this should mean certain victory. If not, then he knows he still needs to learn a lot smile.gif .

[ October 13, 2006, 09:01 AM: Message edited by: Terif ]

weedd, you are really supposed to win that game if you play good... Attacking Russia in 1940, around 20 to 30 turns before the classic 1941 attack, boosts the Russian readiness from 25 to 100% (i.e. goes from 80 MPPs per turn to more then 400!!!) and gives them something like 4000MPPs that they would not have get otherwise! Invest in industrial tech, boost the English convoy to 40%, buy all the corps available, entrench them in cities, boost infantry technology, hide behind rivers with the highest supply possible and do not counter-attack for probably the next year or two. Be patient and wait till you have a lot of troops supported by HQs and deep in Russia (low supply for axis forces).

In the mean time, you might want to consider keeping France since all those German troops are busy trying foolishly to make up for the fact that they woke up the Big Russian Bear too soon! ;)

Originally posted by BioWizard:

In the mean time, you might want to consider keeping France since all those German troops are busy trying foolishly to make up for the fact that they woke up the Big Russian Bear too soon!

You say that they get an extra 4000 MPP, but that's not true, because the game is OVER fast.

If you make the UK surrender before you attack Russia, the game is over after you take the first two Russian capitals.

And you don't have to worry about the US, they don't D-Day if the game is over in 1942. And even if they did, that D-Day would be hard, because a) you got the UK mainland and B) you got the entire German and Italian fleet waiting for them.

TaoJah:

You are talking about a game vs the AI - there you can in deed do nearly everything you want and will still win ;) .

Against a human player like it is the case here, game may in deed be over fast too - but with an allied victory when the red hordes combined with western forces overrun the foolish axis attackers :D .

This is simply luck for your opponent Siberians didn´t arrive (40% chance both at the end of the allied and the axis players turn). But Russians obviously made huge mistakes in defence if Axis was able to march through this far. Even with only its starting units, Russia is nearly superior to Axis forces if Barbarossa already starts in 1940 ;) .

Entrench your units in cities and behind rivers to delay the enemy - especially near Kharkov to protect the mines. Now when he already is at Stalingrad: use your excellent defence position there behind the river to hold him off and when Siberians arrive just cut the enemy units there off and kill them all smile.gif .

Thanks Terif for tactic suggestions, but I will not be enable to use it because my opponent also read this posts ( ;) hello to my opponent). I confess I am not very good SC2 player (I was good SC player but now I have much less time then then for playing) but still - does this situation is a game flaw? My opponent has said that Siberian transfer is also related to Soviet-Japan pact. If this is true German player is every time in advantage if he attacks USSR before time when pact is sighed.

Siberians have two triggers:

- either Axis advances early and fast, then they appear when the enemy crosses the Leningrad-Smolensk-Kharkov line. When exactly they appear depends on your luck - 40% chance each half turn, so in average they appear after 1-2 turns, if you are unlucky it takes some turns longer.

- or Axis is slow or tries to avoid triggering Siberians by not advancing, then there is a failsafe date, i.e. they are triggered in January 1942 (again 40% chance each half turn).

Nevertheless Siberians only arrive if you didn´t deactivate them before the game via the option menu - and if you speak from related to Soviet-Japan pact (which is the option you can choose on/off), then I guess Siberians are deactivated in your game and then it is no wonder they don´t appear smile.gif .

Originally posted by Terif:

Nevertheless Siberians only arrive if you didn´t deactivate them before the game via the option menu - and if you speak from related to Soviet-Japan pact (which is the option you can choose on/off), then I guess Siberians are deactivated in your game and then it is no wonder they don´t appear smile.gif .

Hmmmm... I am playing Allied side so I did not manage options at the start. Didn't see if this option is on or off but now I will take a look. Thanks again.