Is this a bug "GQ" Cairo

Ya, the same thing happened to me? I had two HQ (one Italian one German) within two or one hex and Controlled the port (both ports) and Alexandria...no enemy units within 8 hexes (squares) of city.

I waited a few turns to see if my supply would go up in order to move into city, but could not. I finally went into transport mode and back out into the city.

I have never really figure out why some units can not move into a city (supply I am sure). Never figured out the formula?

No way with your units that you have around Kairo. Italian have not enough Mouvement Points and You have no German Unit with adequate Mouvement points beside.

Dont forget that the Desert fields take 1 Mouvement points and ennemy Crossing River also 1. so the Only way to get into Cairo is Airborne or with a Tank or similar Mouvement capacitiy unit.

this is to represent the real distance between Alexandria and Kairo, from north to south. else Egypt is too easy...

Originally posted by powergmbh:

No way with your units that you have around Kairo. Italian have not enough Mouvement Points and You have no German Unit with adequate Mouvement points beside.

Dont forget that the Desert fields take 1 Mouvement points and ennemy Crossing River also 1. so the Only way to get into Cairo is Airborne or with a Tank or similar Mouvement capacitiy unit.

this is to represent the real distance between Alexandria and Kairo, from north to south. else Egypt is too easy...

Thank you Sir!