Remarks on the North Africa Scenario

Dear Sirs,

yesterday I finished a game against the AI as Axis on 100%/+0. Over all I enjoyed the game, but I have a few remarks.. and one or two suggestions. I`d be happy if the developer would read and comment these.. I think that`s DesertDave, right?

(1) Artillery damage model

The Arty model is somewhat strange. I had it quite often that my Arty took damage while the target didn`t take damage.. I think this doesn`t make any sense at all. Arty should not take any damage. It happened vice versa as well.. UK Arty shot on my Recon unit, and the Arty took damage, but not the Recon unit.

(1a) Coastal bombardments

A ship shoots upon infantry troops. The troops don`t take damage, but the ship does. Nonsense.

(2) Tobruk conquered by Axis

In reality the DAK found massive amounts of fuel and other supplies which enabled Rommel to go for Tobruk. The DAK was very close to be scattered in 06/42, and basically they were creeping on their teeth as they took Tobruk. They barely needed all supplies they found there, and without taking it they would have to go back the long way to Tripolis.

One recommendation to implement that is to create a script that Germany gets a few hundred MPP to refresh its troops once they take Tobruk... and to maintain game balance I would give Germany less forces in the beginning to make the conquest more difficult.

(3) UK forces after Tobruk

Once Tobruk falls, the UK forces are in total mayhem, and it is easy to kick their butts the whole way to Alexandria. I would love a script to gather forces around the El Alamein defense line... at the moment it is very easy to slip through the unmanned lines and surround the city.

(4) Random model for new units

I remeber that DD once mentioned that he implemented a random model for new units in the scenario. I know that this should bring more variety into the game, but I dislike it.. for me it`s too much playing dices. I would like to see a more historical timeframe.

Apart from that: the map is very good, and I like the unit names.

Rgds

I`d be happy if the developer would read and comment these.. I think that`s DesertDave, right?

Yep, HvS, that's me.

Just now (... and for the last couple-3 months or so) I have been dealing with some problematic health issues. That's alright, most everybody has SOMETHING or other they gotta fight through, true?

And so... haven't been able to test or play much of late, and I really don't like that at ALL, but, I'll get there.

So, if you don't mind, let me get back to you in a week or two.

I have copied your (... and JDF2's question - also, have kept track of some earlier critique and suggestions) comments and I will take time to think about them and also re-examine the entire scenario. I'll then respond in complete detail to ALL of it - in a new thread on the MOD forum.

I do have every intention of upgrading and improving this scenario, to include the AI for both sides. Keep in mind that V 1.02 patch changed some things, especially WRT supply and I do need to reconsider that new effect as well.

Please be patient and one way or another you WILL - sooner than later, have a better '41-42 North Afrika scenario to play. smile.gif