hearts and minds versus blood and guts

I think WWII propoganda like Tokyo Rose, Radio Berlin, PG Wodehouse etc. should be modeled in this game because this is an underappreciated and vital part of every conflict. Especially, I want to have the option of making my own radio commercial and playing it on my opponent's speakers during his move. Maybe use 'Der Fuhrer's Face' or 'Your Cheatin' Heart.'

Anyone can make an ai plan ahead but not just anyone can make the ai persuasive, and I don't know anyone who can persuade an ai to change its mind if it has one - it would be a programming first!

-g

Well Dressed,

I've played SC games against Axis Sally, Tokyo Rose and Joseph Goebles himself many times. Hubert doesn't need to write those things in, they'll come up with it themselves and if it's IP you can be damn sure it will always be during your move. ;)

Good one Well Dressed, but play a human.

I always provide many misleading comments about my gameplay in my email scripts when playing PBEM.

Heck, sometimes I divulge my true intentions just to add some credence to my propaganda.

Sometimes there are clues in my dialogue as to what my next moves are or what I'm researching....sometimes not. ;)

You want AI propaganda? That doesn't make sense. Who are the originators of such opinionated behavior? For sure, it will never be an AI.....not if you want real substance in your rhetoric. tongue.gif

• 2 weeks later...

An excellent book on the subject is Hitler's Airwaves by Horst J.P. Bergmeier and Rainer E. Lotz.(Yale)...it traces the development of Nazi radio broadcasting and propaganda swing . The book covers the broadcasters as well including William Joyce aka Lord Haw-Haw...a cd is included which has many of the propoganda swing tunes that were playing on the German airwaves during the war....a recommended read.....