Should units be able to swap positions?

I wasn't sure how to search for this one, so apologies if it's been discussed to death before.

Is there a logical or game-engine reason why two units can't exchange positions with each other? Naturally subject to both units having enough MP to move to their target tile. If not I'd like to suggest it if there's another patch.

i.e. if I want to move a corps into a just built fortification and I want to move the engineer to the tile that the corps occupies.

May I add something to this proposition? In some situations, you want to choose the path by which a unit goes from point A to point B. You can easily do so in SC2 by using the CTRL button, unlike in SC1. This way, you can take a mine, cut the supply of ennemy units, avoid surprise navy contacts at sea and the likes during your movement. But I think this feature could be further improved by being able to select way points being occupied by your own units!!! tongue.gif I can remember many situations (they're hard to describe in writings but I'm sure you'll guess what they could be looking like...) in which it could have been useful; usually when you have a lot of your own units in proximity. Of course, the final tile of the move would always need be empty...

Not necessarily SeaMonkey, unless you mean that the only way to incorporate it because of the way the game engine is is to implement unit deselection.

Even then, BioWizard's suggestion about the waypoints may still be doable. I've bumped into times where I'd have liked to chose the path over a clump of my units (normally at sea where I'm trying to avoid being spotted by someone I've engaged in order to lay a trap for them).