Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Bug with sending turns in mp game?

Im having serious troubles while playing mp sending turns it seems if you are in win while opponent sends his turn the game crashes, also happens some times while both is "in" the game.

Really annoying especially when you get those nice upgrades and you are not sure wether or not you will actually be able to keep them since it is quite likley it will crash, to make matters worse my friend who i play against the most is behind a firewall and cant host the game so it actualty needs to survive 2 turns in order for me to get to keep any advances i might have gotten.

Anyone else have the same problems? Will it be fixed for the upcoming patch? Never had theese probs in SC1 and was really nice to be able to be in win while oponent made his move, i guess you could use the pbem to get around this but i dont wanna be forced to use that feature simply because tcp/ip is unstable.

I play on my laptop through a wireless network.

I cannot host because of that, so if a crash occurs we have to go back to the last turn my friend has on his comp.

If I have SC2 minimized and he ends the turn, I will get I/O connection error, 100% of the time. There is some good info on setting up through a firewall in the manual, I did that with a wired connection and it seemed to work fine that way.

Oh, post this concern in the tech section too. It will get noticed a lot quicker.

I have given upp on it now so annoying turns beeing sent while both ingame only works 50% of the times or so (yeah they work sometimes really strange), unplayable. So now we are doing a pbem instead against our will/desire really crappy (didnt i pay for a tcp/ip function?).

Anyone know if there are any plans to fix this problem at all as i have heard nothing about it?

Also will it work in the future with swapping into win like sc1 did without any problems?

Baggen sorry to hear about the trouble. There is a known issue when you minimize the game during TCP/IP that I am working to correct but if you remain in the game without minimizing or alt-tabbing the SC2 window (so long as it is in primary focus) the game should run fine. If you are receiving problems even though your are in the game then it could be a variety of other issues such as Firewalls, lack of a solid connection etc.

To verify, and if you have an available LAN at home you can try running a TCP/IP game between 2 home computers and you should see that it works fine (as described above).

Moving this to the tech support forum...