Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Why No Russian Partisans in Caucaus Mountains?

In Sc1 partisans popped up in the Caucaus mountains, in SC2 they don't.

I was wondering what was the reasoning behind this change?

Of course, I modified this (via the Cool Editor in my game) but I wonder why they were dropped in SC2.

I think that was a good decision, Hubert.

Stalin deported many people from that region to Siberia because he correctly suspected that they were not in love with his regime. While many of them were pressed into service with the Red Army, and fought reliably for it, I don't believe there was any actual partisan activity in the region.

JJ: When the Germans invaded Russia, the people were ecstatic to say the least . . . until they found out what the Nazis were really like. They chose to fight to keep this horrible evil out of Mother Russia. They did not "love" Stalin but the Germans were visitors from hell itself. Tag

Tagwyn

You're preaching to the choir. Over the years I've said exactly the same thing many times in the original SC Forum. And have already said the same thing here -- today in fact! in another thread. True, if it weren't for Hitler's racial hatred stupidity millions of Russians would have gladly embraced his -- or any other -- cause that ousted Stalin. Instead, the cure was worse than the disease.

But, as it was, at least two to three million Russians wound up fighting for the Germans. (Please read my post on this @the Army vs Corps thread -- exact quote from a book on this subject).

What I said above, is that I don't know of any partisan activity in the Caucasus. What I do know is that many people from the region did collaborate with the Germans and that deported several ethnic groups from that area to Siberia -- which included pulling their family members out of the Red Army and sending them as well.

So, the question here is only about Partisans in the Caucasus. In most other parts of Russia I agree with you, by the time Hitler's boys showed their true colors, it was rampant.

-- It was even worse in Poland. All three German governors complained to Berlin that their policies and the SS were creating partisans where nobody wanted to become one!